A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Vetchetarian
Douthwaite being targetted yet again. It's a real shame he missed out on his century, but the negativity towards him would still prevail if he had gone on to score 200.

He did something most of the proper batsmen failed to do, viz, score a few runs. Yet he gets
singled out. Let that be a lesson him. Score 4 or 5 and nobody quibbles.
By glamman
I am generally positive with regard to Douthwaite’s batting compared to the other options. Not his bowling. Just very disappointed with his shot selection on a pitch on which you should literally never get out.
By notgoingoutreprise
Vetchetarian wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:33 pm Douthwaite being targetted yet again. It's a real shame he missed out on his century, but the negativity towards him would still prevail if he had gone on to score 200.

He did something most of the proper batsmen failed to do, viz, score a few runs. Yet he gets
I don't care how flat the pitch is Douthwaite and Salter deserve a lot of praise and Douthwaite DID deserve a hundred despite glamman saying he did not
exileKT8 liked this
By notgoingoutreprise
glamman wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:44 pm I am generally positive with regard to Douthwaite’s batting compared to the other options. Not his bowling. Just very disappointed with his shot selection on a pitch on which you should literally never get out.
When did the pitch become flat? was it after Carlson's or Cooke's dismissal?
By glamman
notgoingoutreprise wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:46 pm
Vetchetarian wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:33 pm Douthwaite being targetted yet again. It's a real shame he missed out on his century, but the negativity towards him would still prevail if he had gone on to score 200.

I don't care how flat the pitch is Douthwaite and Salter deserve a lot of praise and Douthwaite DID deserve a hundred despite glamman saying he did not
Might have been a bit harsh but it was a dreadful shot. He is in the side as a batsman. Surely not as a bowler.
By glamman
notgoingoutreprise wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:48 pm
glamman wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:44 pm I am generally positive with regard to Douthwaite’s batting compared to the other options. Not his bowling. Just very disappointed with his shot selection on a pitch on which you should literally never get out.
When did the pitch become flat? was it after Carlson's or Cooke's dismissal?
Cooke wafted at a wide ball. Carlson’s was a useful delivery but there was nothing like that from lunch onwards.
By exileKT8
Those who watched yesterday`s play are better sighted than me. Flat pitch that Glamman would score a hundred it may be but Lloyd, Selman, Carlson, Byrom and Cooke didn`t do much. In their ten innings combined in this match they managed 78 runs, 18 less than Douthwaite yesterday.

Let`s give Douthwaite a break, he had a pretty dire first two days so must have shown some character to fight back yesterday. Thanks to him, Rutherford and Salter a small degree of respectability has been achieved in what is still a comprehensive drubbing.
Vetchetarian liked this
By glamman
As I keep saying, I think he is potentially one of our better batsmen (obviously the bar is not that high). He just shouldn’t be bowling.
Some tricky decisions for the next game. Potentially
Selman
Rutherford
Lloyd
Carlson
Byrom (personally I think he looks poor and would rather give Cooke (J), Taylor or Cullen a go)
Douthwaite
Cooke
Salter
Smith
TvdG or McIlroy
Hogan

Have probably missed someone as usual.
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:58 am As I keep saying, I think he is potentially one of our better batsmen (obviously the bar is not that high). He just shouldn’t be bowling.
Selman
Rutherford
Lloyd
Carlson
Byrom (personally I think he looks poor and would rather give Cooke (J), Taylor or Cullen a go)
Douthwaite
Cooke
Salter
Smith
TvdG or McIlroy
Hogan

" the next game ".

You mean there's yet more dross on the horizon ? 😁
By Vetchetarian
exileKT8 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:27 am Those who watched yesterday`s play are better sighted than me. Flat pitch that Glamman would score a hundred it may be but Lloyd, Selman, Carlson, Byrom and Cooke didn`t do much. In their ten innings combined in this match they managed 78 runs, 18 less than Douthwaite yesterday.

Let`s give Douthwaite a break, he had a pretty dire first two days so must have shown some character to fight back yesterday. Thanks to him, Rutherford and Salter a small degree of respectability has been achieved in what is still a comprehensive drubbing.
" comprehensive drubbing " indeed, exile.

Or, as Maynard would put it - " disappointing ".

Well, why waste energy using two words, when one will suffice. 😀
By glamman
Vetchetarian wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:17 am
glamman wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:58 am As I keep saying, I think he is potentially one of our better batsmen (obviously the bar is not that high). He just shouldn’t be bowling.
Selman
Rutherford
Lloyd
Carlson
Douthwaite
Cooke
Salter
Smith
TvdG or McIlroy
Hogan

" the next game ".

It’s fine margins. :doh:
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:36 am
Vetchetarian wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:17 am
Selman
Rutherford
Lloyd
Carlson
Douthwaite
Cooke
Salter
Smith
TvdG or McIlroy
Hogan

" the next game ".

It’s fine margins. :doh:
More like wide chasms.
By glamman
Post match interview with Cooke focussed on the poor batting but did not mention the equally poor bowling allowing them to get over 500 for only 8 down.
CC v Durham

Again, our old bete noire, Chris Rushworth lays ba[…]