A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Hopefully this pair can see off the 3rd new ball and then it is a matter of whether Cooke can get the timing of the declaration right. :rockon:
By notgoingoutreprise
glamman wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:19 pm Afraid Douthwaite does not deserve a century after that shot.
Really? 4 hours and 60 overs occupying the crease and you don't think he deserves a century
By glamman
notgoingoutreprise wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:39 pm
glamman wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:19 pm Afraid Douthwaite does not deserve a century after that shot.
Really? 4 hours and 60 overs occupying the crease and you don't think he deserves a century
No. This pitch is as flat as a pancake. Should be able to bat for days. I commend his ability to reach 96 but there are no excuses for the shot he played.
By notgoingoutreprise
glamman wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:54 pm
No. This pitch is as flat as a pancake. Should be able to bat for days. I commend his ability to reach 96 but there are no excuses for the shot he played.
If it was so flat why hadn't Lloyd, Selman, Byron, Carlson and Cooke not get any runs?
By glamman
notgoingoutreprise wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:04 pm

If it was so flat why hadn't Lloyd, Selman, Byron, Carlson and Cooke not get any runs?
Good question. Not sure if you have been watching but they negotiated the new ball without much problem and hardly anything has moved off line. Slow gentle turn. Commentator says pitches get flatter and this is as flat as they come.
By notgoingoutreprise
glamman wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:09 pm

Good question. Not sure if you have been watching but they negotiated the new ball without much problem and hardly anything has moved off line. Slow gentle turn. Commentator says pitches get flatter and this is as flat as they come.
Not sure the state of the pitch meant Douthwaite did not deserve a century
By notgoingoutreprise
notgoingoutreprise wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:16 pm
glamman wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:09 pm

Not sure the state of the pitch meant Douthwaite did not deserve a century
Unless you think we could have batted the best part of day 4 to save the game
By glamman
Just a totally unnecessary shot given the circumstances. He should still be batting this time tomorrow on that pitch.
By Shamu
Haven’t seen anything today that changes my opinion on Douthwaite. He’d have scored about 30 had Durham had a third man fielder.

I reckon Glamman himself would have scored a hundred on that wicket !
By glamman
You have to compare him with what else is available. I would not let him bowl but could be a reasonable batsman.
By Shamu
Not good enough to bat in top 6, not a good enough 3rd or 4the seamer.

My summation is that he should only have a white ball contract at best, however, the powers that be handed him 3 years all formats. (a mistake, albeit not an expensive one).

At least his limitations have taken my focus off Billy Root !
By glamman
He should be competing for number 6 batting slot and forget his bowling. Then 4 seamers and spinner. When Labuschagne around and pitches not favouring spin, then can switch spinner for another batsman.
By glamman
Might not have scored a hundred but should have been able to hang around for a good while #road
CC v Durham

Again, our old bete noire, Chris Rushworth lays ba[…]