A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
13 man squad: Rutherford, Lloyd, Selman, Byrom, Carlson, C Cooke (capt, wk), Douthwaite, Salter, van der Gugten, Carey, Hogan, Reingold, Weighell

No big surpriae Root is out - his foot movement looks all over the place. Interesting to see who opens - it would be good if it is the 2 that they plan to have opening next season. I wonder if Byrom will come in down the order, with Lloyd and Selman opening and Rutherford going in at 3, where Labuschagne will hopefully be next April. Perhaps Reingold and Carey to miss out.
By Jenks33
Strange dismissal. Half hearted appeal by Rushworth and the keeper couldn’t believe it when the finger went up. Lloyd also surprised
By exileKT8
With the wisdom of hindsight it still was nailed on that if Lloyd opened Rushworth would get him very early. Lloyd we thought is our best non overseas bat, capable of scoring quickly but not a red ball opener

Not for the first time time this summer my mind has gone back to driving home listening to talksport and I believe they were discussing the England coaching set up at the time. Darren Gough launched into a lengthy glowing tribute of MM who at that time was at Somerset describing him as a top innovative coach.

Worthy praise indeed but off the top of my head this season : Lloyd opening, Cooke J opening, signing and selection of Weighell, Cooke C as Captain, Ingram ahead of Neser in T20 and there are other examples
glamman liked this
By Vetchetarian
83 - 6. ( including 5 wickets for 16 runs )

Another lamentable batting performance, apart from Rutherford.

Lloyd 4
Cooke 3
Douthwaite 0

Glam's Hundred heroes fail again.

Does anyone think Byrom is the answer ?
By exileKT8
I am intrigued in these COVID financially restricted times Glammy are one of the few employing an overseas player. On this occasion full credit to MM and the management for getting Rutherford who is doing his best to the batting afloat. No other county seems to be as dependant on a overseas as us.

We are not alone in being easy prey for the Essex bowlers.
By Ger27
One of the aims of these final games of the season must be to allow next year's openers to get more experience opening? We must therefore conclude from today's order that Lloyd will continue to open next year. Who will partner him though? It can't be Selman, Cooke or Byrom if they aren't doing so in this game surely?
By notgoingoutreprise
Vetchetarian wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:38 pm 83 - 6. ( including 5 wickets for 16 runs )

Lloyd 4
Cooke 3
Douthwaite 0

Depends what the question is ?
glamman liked this
By glamman
As I said in the opening post, it made most sense for Rutherford to bat 3, where Labuschagne will be next season. I do not blame players, who I am sure are trying their best, but the coaches and management need to be held accountable for decisions such as those referred to by exile.
By Vetchetarian
notgoingoutreprise wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:29 pm
Vetchetarian wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:38 pm 83 - 6. ( including 5 wickets for 16 runs )

Lloyd 4
Cooke 3
Douthwaite 0

Depends what the question is ?
Here's another question.

Is there any point in Glam playing in a 4 day cricket format ?

This current game could be another 2 dayer. 😀
By Jenks33
Tough look for Maynard since his return. These boys are giving him nothing at the moment. Some of these players just aren’t prepared to dig in and we could certainly do with a few more Graham Wagg/Tom Cullen’s when it comes to showing guts
By glamman
Unfortunately the combination of Durham batting and Glamorgan bowling is making this look like a batting paradise.
By exileKT8
caergybi wrote:Nice last wicket partnership! Seems a lot of counties have given up given the low scores today.
Yes plenty of sides struggling after batting first but unlike Glammy they seem to be fighting back.
By glamman
Douthwaite really should not be bowling more than the odd over. Far too wayward. Has to get in the team solely on his batting and we need another seam bowling option.
Squad

Disappointing for Hemphrey to see he has been rele[…]