A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Vetchetarian
Neverout wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:22 am Calling it a complete shambles is a bit harsh. Essex bowled reasonably well on the kind of second grade track we have come to expect for our county matches.

There were some very poor efforts from the batsmen which contributed to making it appear shambolic . What was obvious was that there appeared a far greater degree of togetherness and willingness to struggle through from the R.L.C. squad on similar difficult wickets.

It would seem fair to attribute some of the less committed attitude to the returning management.I

I expect it to flatten off before taking slow spin later in the match. A difficult few days for the team from here,I fear.

I would love to hear if anyone knows why our team have had to play on so many used/side pitches this season. The Gardens has cut back considerably on the number of outside fixtures using the facility this year; the Welsh cup, the community cup, the age group cup finals etc. Far more than the five Hundred fixtures.
I take your point, and respect your opinion. Perhaps my use of the word " complete " was uncalled for, and will happily delete it.

The upcoming 4 dayers are seemingly a pointless exercise since nobody seems to know what will happen next season. Accordingly, I think the senior management should allow Carlson to gain some valuable captaincy experience. He is one for the future, after all, and did a great job in the 50 over competition, gaining plaudits from far and wide. It's not going to happen, however.
By Vetchetarian
Vetchetarian wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:42 am The team enjoyed great success while certain players, and top management, were off having fun, etc., at The Hundred.
Now the heroes have returned and the first batting effort is a shambles.
Makes one think, doesn't it ?
By glamman
Vetchetarian wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:01 pm
Neverout wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:22 am Calling it a complete shambles is a bit harsh. Essex bowled reasonably well on the kind of second grade track we have come to expect for our county matches.

There were some very poor efforts from the batsmen which contributed to making it appear shambolic . What was obvious was that there appeared a far greater degree of togetherness and willingness to struggle through from the R.L.C. squad on similar difficult wickets.

It would seem fair to attribute some of the less committed attitude to the returning management.I

I expect it to flatten off before taking slow spin later in the match. A difficult few days for the team from here,I fear.

I would love to hear if anyone knows why our team have had to play on so many used/side pitches this season. The Gardens has cut back considerably on the number of outside fixtures using the facility this year; the Welsh cup, the community cup, the age group cup finals etc. Far more than the five Hundred fixtures.
I take your point, and respect your opinion. Perhaps my use of the word " complete " was uncalled for, and will happily delete it.

The upcoming 4 dayers are seemingly a pointless exercise since nobody seems to know what will happen next season. Accordingly, I think the senior management should allow Carlson to gain some valuable captaincy experience. He is one for the future, after all, and did a great job in the 50 over competition, gaining plaudits from far and wide. It's not going to happen, however.
I think Lloyd has done a good job as captain when called upon and he must be next in line. Not sure if we will see a change next season. Might depend on how these 4 games go.
By glamman
Essex building a substantial lead without much bother. Perhaps that bodes well for when we go out again. Not sure if the Essex bowlers will be as generous as ours have been this afternoon.
By glamman
Just hope we make Essex bat again. Nothing much in this pitch if you want to stay there.
Bit cruel that Hogan had no wickets given the relative merits of the seam bowlers.
By glamman
Don’t understand why the batsmen did not play in the 2s game last week against a reasonable Gloucestershire attack.
No foot movement by a number of the batsmen.
By Vetchetarian
25 - 5. Wow ! But fear not, it's a good game to win. Centuries from Carey and Hogan will rescue Glamorgan. You heard it here first. 😁
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:43 pm Don’t understand why the batsmen did not play in the 2s game last week against a reasonable Gloucestershire attack.
No foot movement by a number of the batsmen.
There are some who would have great difficulty having a bowel " movement ". 😁
CC v Durham

Again, our old bete noire, Chris Rushworth lays ba[…]