A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By notgoingoutreprise
Vetchetarian wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:53 pm 25 - 5. Wow ! But fear not, it's a good game to win. Centuries from Carey and Hogan will rescue Glamorgan. You heard it here first. 😁
Right I am off to the bookies to put my life savings on a Glamorgan victory
By Neverout
I cannot apologise enough vetchetarian. Having tried to give them the benefit of some doubt in the first innings, ABSOLUTE SHAMBLES is not only a fair and accurate description of the batting this innings but also the brains trust who were circling the boundary this morning.

With the Championship resuming yesterday why were there not practices for the players over the weekend. Instead the Director of Cricket was busy topping up his salary playing for Newport and the head coach was exercising his dog at the Pentyrch / Sudbrook game.

If they don't care enough to perform their duties properly it must be difficult to motivate the players to care about performances. I don't want them to go the extra mile but I do expect them to at least practice walking.
Vetchetarian, exileKT8 liked this
By Vetchetarian
Neverout wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:18 pm I cannot apologise enough vetchetarian. Having tried to give them the benefit of some doubt in the first innings, ABSOLUTE SHAMBLES is not only a fair and accurate description of the batting this innings but also the brains trust who were circling the boundary this morning.

With the Championship resuming yesterday why were there not practices for the players over the weekend. Instead the Director of Cricket was busy topping up his salary playing for Newport and the head coach was exercising his dog at the Pentyrch / Sudbrook game.

If they don't care enough to perform their duties properly it must be difficult to motivate the players to care about performances. I don't want them to go the extra mile but I do expect them to at least practice walking.
No need to apologise, Never, we are all friends here, and occasionally our disappointments and frustrations get the upper hand.

Perhaps complacency has taken over at the Club. Sad to see the team being humiliated, especially after the hurculean efforts in the 50 over competition.
exileKT8 liked this
By Glamorganmorgan
Neverout wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:18 pm I cannot apologise enough vetchetarian. Having tried to give them the benefit of some doubt in the first innings, ABSOLUTE SHAMBLES is not only a fair and accurate description of the batting this innings but also the brains trust who were circling the boundary this morning.

How do you know for sure that there was zero practice going on? God forbid anyone has a day off, or takes their dogs for a walk?! By all means complain about the standard of performance (although for the second year out of the last three, red-ball has pretty good), but to suggest that the staff deserve zero leisure time is quite remarkable.
By glamman
They were training on Friday and Sunday. Not the same as being out in the middle, as they could have been in the 2s game last week. Batsmen could have played for their club sides on Saturday. I know it's not the same as facing Porter and Cook (two very useful seamers), but surely it is always a boost feeling the ball coming out of the middle of the bat.
By exileKT8
This point will make no difference to the end result in what will be a comprehensive defeat.

Reingold may not be a Test spinner yet from what I saw in the RL50 but yesterday bowled 6 overs took 3 wickets for 15 runs. This in a little period in the game when Essex lost 4 wickets of good players for about 25 runs. Presumably Reingold and Douthwaite using up overs before the new ball becomes available.

Cooke has forgotten more than I will ever know about cricket but if someone takes 3 wickets in 6 overs keep them going ? New ball gets hit by Snater and Wheater and the innings defeat is secured ?
By Vetchetarian
" After the Lord Mayor's Show ", then. Glam back down to earth, with more of the same.

I can hear Maynard's excuse now, viz, " the returning players were fatigued after their travails in The Hundred ".

I really feel for the players who represented Glam in the 50 over tournament. It's as if it never happened.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]