A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Nothing about Douthwaite so far on the Glamorgan website or the BBC website.
By Vetchetarian
Hapless performance so far by Glam. Perhaps the building work, and Eddie Bevan's mobile, are interfering with their concentration.

Honestly, what sort of professional commentator allows his mobile to ring whilst on air ?

The commentary is also very sloppy.

Excellent bowling effort so far though, so perhaps too much criticism of batting is a tad unjustified.
By Neverout
Watching Rutherford's dismissal this would be a very poor pitch even by local league \ public park standards. Disgraceful,really , for an international venue during a spell of unbroken sunshine.
By Vetchetarian
Neverout wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:06 pm Watching Rutherford's dismissal this would be a very poor pitch even by local league \ public park standards. Disgraceful,really , for an international venue during a spell of unbroken sunshine.
I assume the game HAD to be played in Cardiff. 😈
By glamman
Delivery kept a bit low but normal low and slow characteristics. As I have said in recent posts, it does not help player development. Same across Wales.
By glamman
Players should know what shots you can and cannot play on this type of pitch. They play on enough of them at Sophia Gardens.
By glamman
The extra pace of the Glamorgan bowlers may help the batsmen on this pitch. Need slower balls into the pitch.
By Vetchetarian
Another low point in the history of Glamorgan CC.

Well done to Wales, who, despite the eventual closeness of the finish, were in control from the start.

My abiding memory of the live coverage, however, was the appalling standard of both commentator's. Mistakes and gaffes filled the air waves. Incorrect scores, incorreect player identification, repetition of certain incidents, etc., showed them up for the amateurs that they are.

Any managerial resignations on the horizon ? 😁😁😁
By glamman
I think Nick Webb is generally pretty good and usually works well with colleagues from other counties.
By duckworthlewis
glamman wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:42 pm I think Nick Webb is generally pretty good and usually works well with colleagues from other counties.
Yes, that's what i was going to say.
By Shamu
glamman wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:38 pm The WNC spinners bowled much better than the Glamorgan ones.
The WNC seamers out bowled the Glamorgan lads.

Thoughts on Ruaidhri Smith, Glamman ?
Huge risk taking the field with a bowler who is so injury prone.
Walker looked no better than Carey or Edwards.

Paucity of depth in Glamorgan squad is woeful - and to be honest, didn’t see anyone in WNC team who would improve things - except possibly Reingold (although some reservations over his technique).
Squad

Disappointing for Hemphrey to see he has been rele[…]

THE HUNDRED

Delighted to see that we are trying out the captai[…]

Royal London

A new competition and hopefully better fortune. We[…]

Royal London 50 Over Competition

Starts tomorrow v Glamorgan.