A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
caergybi wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:45 pm Thought Reingold was trying to lose the game again so good he is out, but as against Yorkshire a good start has led to a crawl. RRR going up and Selman now out, so maybe all over.
No idea why Selman was flicking at a wide ball down the leg side.
By caergybi
Last proper boundary was in the 22nd over; one of these two needs to start trying to hit the ball.
By Vetchetarian
caergybi wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:45 pm Thought Reingold was trying to lose the game again so good he is out, but as against Yorkshire a good start has led to a crawl. RRR going up and Selman now out, so maybe all over.
Reingold possibly out of his depth at this level. He's young, and impetuous. Out to a dreadful shot. Rush of blood. Game slipping away now, it would seem.
By glamman
Hopefully not the kiss of death, but Cooke looking very good. Beautiful hook shot earlier where he rolled his wrists to keep it down.
By Jenks33
Whatever happens from here fair play to these two. Cullen might not be the most talented of players but I’ve never questioned his guts. Always seems up for the challenge
exileKT8, hujon64 liked this
By Neverout
Wonderful performance from this young team against a good and experienced Essex side.

What is clear is that all this side play for each other and the captain.

What a pity that ec b, in their desire to artificially upgrade the franchise tournament have robbed us all of a Lords Saturday final
By Neverout
Train to Nottingham direct 06.40 from Cardiff arriving 10.06

Might see some of you on it!!!!
By Vetchetarian
Stupendous result. At 182-5 I had written Glam off, but what do I know. 😁
What a partnership between Cooke and Cullen.
Difficult selection decisions to be made now. I wouldn't want to see mass changes if players returning from other duties are now available, but Reingold has shown he is not quite up to it with the bat. Bit harsh if he were to be the only change, but someone has to make these decisions.
Hearty congrats to Glam for making the Final.
By glamman
Really been impressed with the way Cooke has batted today. Great shot selection and has played some other important innnings in this competition. Well supported by Cullen. More positive batting at the top of the order set it up. All helped by a much better playing surface.

When it comes to the final, I can understand why you would want to stick with the players who have got you there, but each still has to deserve their place and I would suggest there are a couple who don't. I would bring in TvdG (if free) for Carey or Weighell and maybe think also of Douthwaite to fill one of those places. Carey and Weighell have just been too wayward. I might also bring in Lloyd for Reingold after his shot today. Saying that, he has chipped in with some useful scores, even if he hasn't been able to go on. It will be interesting to see what Durham and Surrey do.

Anyway, a great result today and well done to the team and David Harrison. After today I think we have a chance.
By hujon64
What a way to reach a final! Excellent performance by Cullen and Cooke, keeping their heads and the ever reliable Hogan. Rutherford ( good signing by Maynard and Wallace) with Selman are forming a good partnership and hopefully will click when CC restarts in absence of Labuschagne and Neser. Well done to Carlson and Harrison in their first time roles. Glad I’m not picking teams but those stepping up have delivered and great for league players. Last final 2013 Wallace as Captain and did Harrison play? Let’s go one better but proud of route to final anyway.
By glamman
hujon64 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:02 pm What a way to reach a final! Excellent performance by Cullen and Cooke, keeping their heads and the ever reliable Hogan. Rutherford ( good signing by Maynard and Wallace) with Selman are forming a good partnership and hopefully will click when CC restarts in absence of Labuschagne and Neser. Well done to Carlson and Harrison in their first time roles. Glad I’m not picking teams but those stepping up have delivered and great for league players. Last final 2013 Wallace as Captain and did Harrison play? Let’s go one better but proud of route to final anyway.
Harrison's last game was in 2010. Simon Jones played.
By glamman
Interesting that the final is a day / night game when there cannot have been more than one or two in the group stages.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]