A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Missed the game this evening but clearly Ingram has been morphed.
By duckworthlewis
A shame that the powers to be couldn't have let a few more in tonight. Think there's nearly as many people there from Sky Sports ! Politics, eh ?
By duckworthlewis
glamman wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:15 pm
notgoingoutreprise wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:42 pm 3 changes for the Welsh Fire men and still no Welshman
And no TvdG in the Rocket's side. Easy money!
I wonder how much 'experience' someone like David Lloyd gets from being in a squad but doing nothing.
By notgoingoutreprise
duckworthlewis wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:57 pm
glamman wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:15 pm
notgoingoutreprise wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:42 pm 3 changes for the Welsh Fire men and still no Welshman
And no TvdG in the Rocket's side. Easy money!
I wonder how much 'experience' someone like David Lloyd gets from being in a squad but doing nothing.
Quite sure he is the only member of the squad not to get a game
By Shatner's Bassoon
I was sure that Hayley Matthews was finished but has turned out to be a better signing than I thought.

Averaging a measly 12 against the top 5 WT20I teams in the last 3 years and 16 in her 10 innings in the most recent WBBL .

Almost top of the charts here with 183 runs @ 46.
By duckworthlewis
Alex Hales being hit twice in a row in the nuts last night was worth watching. Loved the grin on the umpires face, haha.
By glamman
The quality of the women that are in the hundred squads is highlighted by the fact that Katie George is playing for the Welsh Fire today purely as a fielder. She is a bowler who cannot currently bowl because of an injury. A few stars in the women's game but a lot of mediocrity making fielding 8 sides very difficult.
By exileKT8
Adopting a Scrooge like attitude towards the 100. I like County Cricket which I can`t see surviving without T20, which I can`t see co existing with the 100.

Finding it difficult to get too excited about a Welsh team with no Welshmen, but if it brings revenue to the County by whatever route so be it. Long been bored by the Sky and BBC hype and it seems to me Welsh Fire are getting a raw deal. Cut through the hype and weren`t they promised Starc, Smith, Pollard, Ngidi, Plunkett, Bairstow now gone, other franchises seem to have a better hand of stardust.
By caergybi
After tonight's loss, Fire will be out so I expect LLoyd might make a game. Fire do seem to have some average players though with ball and bat. How were the squads chosen?
By caergybi
I think Glamorgan One Day squad would do better in the Hundred than this Fire team; without Bairstow as captain and batter they are hopeless. 55-4 now. Sky will be pleased Fire won the toss else game would be over by now.
By Neverout
If we do manage to go straight to a home semi-final in the R.L.C. I wonder if "our" club would consider giving it some kind of priority over the franchise's match the following evening in terms of choice of pitch or marketing.

If they did it would be a first considering how many peripheral pitches the championship side had to play on earlier in the season to keep the prime pitches pristine for the tenants.
CC v Durham

Again, our old bete noire, Chris Rushworth lays ba[…]