A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Clearly the Trent coaches did not witness De Lange's last outing for Somerest where he went for 10-an-over. Assume he has been called back in place of Riaz. Cooke in the Birmingham team tonight.
By glamman
I wonder what the selection criteria was for some of the players in the Hundred. Cook opening the bowling for the Rockets with an economy rate of 8.5 in T20.
By glamman
Not sure if people in charge watch any cricket. De Lange going at over 2-a-ball tonight.
By glamman
Rescued it with a good last 5 balls where he went back to bowling yorkers.
By glamman
Douthwaite getting a run out tonight now that the Manchester team are out of contention.
By exileKT8
Four runs off ten balls in keeping with the standard of the rare contributions of Glammy players thus far. One Ingram innings being the exception. Fairness to Douthwaite plenty of others more experienced than he have struggled against Rashid Khan.
By glamman
notgoingoutreprise wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:26 pm
glamman wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:17 pm A first baller for Ingram tonight. Worth every penny!
Hopefully the Oval Ins win tonight so he not available for Thursday
My understanding is that he is going back to South Africa after the Hundred.
By notgoingoutreprise
glamman wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:35 pm
notgoingoutreprise wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:26 pm
glamman wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:17 pm A first baller for Ingram tonight. Worth every penny!
Hopefully the Oval Ins win tonight so he not available for Thursday
My understanding is that he is going back to South Africa after the Hundred.
Nothing against the lad but he had so little cricket the last year or so and rocking up here and there for a few games is not doing him any favours
By timhealings
I’m struggling to get on board with this. It’s good quality slog fest but I feel no affinity to the team. I just don’t really care. Any thoughts?
exileKT8 liked this
By Neverout
Went down the other night en-route to Nottingham. There were a few notable things for me.

It was a much bigger crowd than many Glam T20s and to the club's shame it was considerably easier to buy a ticket at the gate than for Monday's semi-final, where it was virtually impossible.

Most of the people around me appeared largely uninterested in the match as such and just wanted to see big hits even as the match reached a climax. Many of them had been gifted tickets for the match. There seemed to be about the usual number of drinking supporters as we usually see at T20s

I think the entire tournament has suffered from the lack of the promised big names attracting cricket supporters and the constant over-hyping of the games by the BBC proving the actual experience as disappointing to the newcomer.

The contrast with the crowd at Nottingham could not be overstated. It will be for the club to decide where it's priorities lie although the absence of the chief executive , director of cricket and head coach during the tournament give us a hint.

I have no doubt the tournament will be declared an outstanding success by the ecb, they have little choice given that they have spent their entire financial reserves of £80m on it. I also have no doubt that we will not see any of the promised benefits on our balance sheet next year, which will reflect year 2 of the three year project.

The entire experiment is running out of time and money.

With none but the committed county supporters at the final the other day there was considerable civilised discussion about the Hundred. What was clear that most in attendance had thoroughly enjoyed the R.L.C. Both for the opportunity to play against little visited counties and to see so many developing players in a sustained and meaningful campsign. Many of these players were local boys and there performances all the more enjoyed for that.

There were a surprising number of neutrals at the final supporting the competition for those reasons. How I wish the final had been at Lords on a Saturday and the local leagues had been ordered to postpone their matches in support of it.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]