A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Couple of 2nd XI games today and tomorrow. Might be some good cricket as expect the players who will play on Thursday to see some action, especially Ingram. Unfortunately a twitter post states that no supporters allowed at Newport today. Nothing though on the website. We deserve better communication.
By glamman
Thoughts about team for Thursday? One unknown is whether TvdG will be able to play despite being in isolation. Marnus did.

My forecast:
Lloyd
Labuschagne
Ingram
Carlson
Cooke
Douthwaite
Salter
Smith
TvdG (or Hogan if TvdG not available)
Carey or Weighell
Sisodiya

Personally I wish Neser were playing and then you do not need Carey/Weighell and Taylor could play instead of Labuschagne/Ingram. This XI looks a bit light on batting although Salter and Smith competent with the bat and TvdG has had his moments. I am sure Marnus has been promised T20 action as he wants to get into the Australian side for the WC. Not sure he will. Cannot play another batsman unless they think they can get 4 overs from Douthwaite + Labuschagne which for me is too risky. Need as many proper bowling options as possible in this format.
By glamman
Ingram playing today and scored 41 not out off 33 balls so time in the middle. A modest total of 143/4.
In reply Worcs 55/2 off 7 overs. Had not realised Gareth Roderick has moved to Worcs.
By Sir_Wellsmote
i have never watched a T20 match from start to finish but am planning to see what it is all about this time ....

do these games get streamed like the first class matches?
By glamman
Sir_Wellsmote wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:18 am i have never watched a T20 match from start to finish but am planning to see what it is all about this time ....

do these games get streamed like the first class matches?
Were last year because of COVID. Not usually because Sky cover games. Previously just had on line commentary. Assume will have the same coverage as last year as limited crowds at the moment, but not 100% sure.
2nd team game today is at Taunton Vale so don’t think there will be any pictures. Expect to see a strong Glamorgan side but Somerset are playing tomorrow and had their 1st XI out in their 2nd team game against Gloucestershire yesterday.
Sir_Wellsmote liked this
By glamman
The 2nd XI team for today is listed as:
NJ Selman
CA Ingram
CB Cooke*†
DL Lloyd
M Labuschagne
KS Carlson
DA Douthwaite
WJ Weighell
RAJ Smith
AG Salter
P Sisodiya

Not sure if that is the batting order. Wonder about the bowling but hopefully TvdG will be back in time for Thursday. Otherwise I wondered if Hogan might make an appearance.
By glamman
A scratchy run chase with one of the Somerset seamers taking a double hat-trick (4 in 4). Eventually got to the target of 135 with 3 wickets to spare. Runs form Ingram. Hopefully the rest of the top order will fire on Thursday.
By glamman
Now we learn the lights aren't working. :doh: :brickwall:
By glamman
A 14 man squad which includes Neser.
By Shamu
glamman wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:37 pm Now we learn the lights aren't working. :doh: :brickwall:
Apropos to your team selection - or something else ?
By glamman
Shamu wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:54 pm
glamman wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:37 pm Now we learn the lights aren't working. :doh: :brickwall:
Apropos to your team selection - or something else ?
Game starting at 5:30 now as flood lights not working.
By Ger27
Douthwaite best bowling figures, amazing from Labuschagne. No one tell glanman. :giggle:

Not usually a betting man, but had an each-way bet on Labuschange to top the T20 run charts - 40/1.

Salter and Sisodiya need to improve sharpish.
exileKT8 liked this
By Jenks33
Frustrating defeat. I’m not sure we can afford to leave Neser out of the T20 team. I get playing Ingram and Labuschagne as our batting line up will be very weak without both playing but our seam attack is very poor. Douthwaite is nowhere near consistent enough to bowl 4 overs every match plus bowl at the death. Neser could also be useful batting at 7.
6/7/8 in the batting line up is going to be a problem for us. I know you have to back your top 5 but the best teams have got dangerous players coming in at 7/8. Not only dangerous players but consistently dangerous. Douthwaite and salter have shown glimpses with the bat but not enough
By Glamno1
Our bowling shocking , poorest attack in the league , we will go 4 plenty this season.
By Glamno1
Hogan @ 39 got 2 play , can’t think anyone else going change it
T20 2021

We get underway in front of the cameras v Worcs on[…]

T20

Couple of 2nd XI games today and tomorrow. Might b[…]

Squad

Disappointing for Hemphrey to see he has been rele[…]

Apparently, if you buy two tickets you can't set n[…]