A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Assume we will field the same XI as none of them have been playing in the 10 days since the Kent game finished. Expect a lot of overs will have to be bowled by Neser, TvdG and Hogan. Neser not in the current plans for the T20s and not sure how much Hogan will play from what has been said, so they will get a long rest. However that leaves our T20 bowling options a bit tight with a lot of reliance on TvdG, Smith, Salter and Sisodiya. Personally would have liked to have seen Neser in that side as Labuschagne has not done much in T20.
By glamman
I am slightly surprised TvdG has been allowed to travel for these friendlies given he will have to isolate for 10 days on his return. Not sure any of the other Dutch county players have travelled. The final game of the 3 is on the 7th. Maybe he will be able to play while isolating as Marnus was allowed to.
By Glamorganmorgan
I remember Craig Meschede going to play for Germany in some T20 World Cup qualifiers a few years back - given that these are also WC Qualifier ODIs, I doubt Glamorgan would be willing to stand in the way of someone wanting to play international cricket or whether they even can?
By glamman
Tinge of green but not sure this is a field first pitch. Our attack looks lightweight and I can see Lancs scoring a lot of runs. Hope I am wrong. As many on this site will attest to, I often am.
By JamesH
Good day to you all from a mild (but getting warmer) Sophia Gardens!

An excellent morning's cricket, and some observations:

Hogan's new contract is much deserved.

Neser sprints in to the crease like he's doing the 100m. Good cardio on that man.

Weighall bowls a little quicker in the flesh than does on the computer screen. Saying that, I originally had him pegged as a very medium paced medium pacer.

Unusually good control from Douthwaite.

Lloyd bowls like a short, slow Jimmy Anderson. Ever since someone mentioned that last year I've not been able to shake the image.

Here's to another good session.
Vetchetarian liked this
By glamman
JamesH wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:34 pm Good day to you all from a mild (but getting warmer) Sophia Gardens!

An excellent morning's cricket, and some observations:

Hogan's new contract is much deserved.

Neser sprints in to the crease like he's doing the 100m. Good cardio on that man.

Weighall bowls a little quicker in the flesh than does on the computer screen. Saying that, I originally had him pegged as a very medium paced medium pacer.

Unusually good control from Douthwaite.

Lloyd bowls like a short, slow Jimmy Anderson. Ever since someone mentioned that last year I've not been able to shake the image.

Here's to another good session.
Looks like you need binoculars to see the person sitting along from you in the stand.
By glamman
Am not sure there are many demons in this pitch and likely to be a good wicket to bat on tomorrow. Hopefully we can get these last wickets without conceding too many runs and build a good 1st innings lead. Should get 4 days of cricket so a result likely.
By glamman
A good bowling display with no late order heroics from Lancs. Douthwaite picks up a couple of fortuitous wickets at the end but always better to be lucky than good.
Hopefully we can see a good top order batting display. Cooke will need runs in this game if he is to feature much in the latter half of the season.
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:47 pm A good bowling display with no late order heroics from Lancs. Douthwaite picks up a couple of fortuitous wickets at the end but always better to be lucky than good.
Hopefully we can see a good top order batting display. Cooke will need runs in this game if he is to feature much in the latter half of the season.
You seem incapable of ever posting anything positive about Douthwaite, or Cooke, the opener.
Yet our Australian batting failure escapes unscathed.

Anyway, a good bowling effort by Glam. to restrict Lancs to 173.
Our batsmen will now probably undo most of the bowlers good work. Lancs aren't top dogs for nothing.
T20 2021

We get underway in front of the cameras v Worcs on[…]

I don't get it. Last week 5pm start because the fl[…]

Gloucester 20/20

Went Bristol last night, we are so far behind the […]

T20

Couple of 2nd XI games today and tomorrow. Might b[…]