A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Glamorganmorgan
On a hiding to nothing in a session like that. 19 overs barely enough time to get in and express yourself a bit before you have to shut up shop for the night, let alone after a delay of almost a full day's play.

Not sure how you even approach playing at a time like that
By glamman
He has been given a good run of 4 matches now and his top score is 15. More importantly I don't think he has really ever looked the part. Selman must surely come back in.
Jehosaphat liked this
By glamman
Looking through the premier league scorecards, a number of the squad were in action for their clubs:
Callum Taylor scored 25 before being dismissed by a combination of 2nd team players in Steven Reingold and Lorenzo Machado. He has bowled 2 overs for 15 runs so far.
Prem Sisodiya scored 6 and has bowled 2 overs for 12 runds while the young spinner Tegid Phillips has taken 3/28 as Cardiff look set for a win.
Ruaidhri Smith turned out for a very strong looking St Fagans side. They bowled Bont out for just 45 with Smith getting through his 6 overs and taking 2/10, St Fagans winning by 10 wickets.

Hopefully the 2s will have better luck with the weather this week as they take on Warwickshire at Newport. Forecast looking better than it has been. Should give an opportunity for some players to push for places as the 1sts have the week off before their home game against Lancs.
By Fran
I know I am a bit late to the party regarding Darren Stevens' batting but I managed to watch a fair amount of his innings and the ease at which he was able to keep the strike was baffling, I think Cummings only had to see out one over and that was after Stevens had scored 180.
I was only watching from the website and so the view was limited but a player should not be able to take a single off the last couple few balls from every over. Nick Webb said it was superior batting, which I would agree with but I feel Glamorgan made things very easy for him and that is not taking into account the dropped catches.

All in all Glam should draw this game and will still be in 3rd spot, it has been a great season so far and long may it continue. As soon as Labuschagne starts scoring some runs Glamorgan will pick up a lot of victories.
By glamman
Winning games is dependent more on the bowlers than the batsmen. Have to bowl the opposition out twice for not too many runs. Cannot rely completely on Neser and TvdG.
By glamman
Weather has won. Was not sure about the decision to not go for the odd batting bonus point but probably not made any difference.
By glamman
Interesting quote from Maynard in relation to the tactics when Stevens was batting: "we're still learning about the game." Slight concern that senior members of staff still not sure what to do. Surely something you might say in relation to one of the youngsters.
By gmdf
glamman wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:28 pm Interesting quote from Maynard in relation to the tactics when Stevens was batting: "we're still learning about the game." Slight concern that senior members of staff still not sure what to do. Surely something you might say in relation to one of the youngsters.
Having been there to see Stevens' fireworks on Friday, I have some sympathy - he was really 'in the zone' and almost every thing he tried came off.
By Countyman
gmdf wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:51 am
glamman wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:28 pm Interesting quote from Maynard in relation to the tactics when Stevens was batting: "we're still learning about the game." Slight concern that senior members of staff still not sure what to do. Surely something you might say in relation to one of the youngsters.
Having been there to see Stevens' fireworks on Friday, I have some sympathy - he was really 'in the zone' and almost every thing he tried came off.
It was just his day!
gmdf liked this
T20

Couple of 2nd XI games today and tomorrow. Might b[…]

T20 2021

We get underway in front of the cameras v Worcs on[…]