A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Shamu
Naive, clueless display which lacked leadership. Stevens wasn’t made to hit into the gale force wind, wasn’t forced to score off balls hitting the top of off stump, conversely, we fed him a constant stream of slot balls which deservedly got spanked.

Where was the on field leadership ? - I hope Maynard reads the riot act after that spineless capitulation.
By glamman
Unbelievable that Stevens is now opening the bowling. He must be tired even if he was 15 years younger.
By Jenks33
Just saw the Labuschagne LBW. What a shocker from the umpire. Was it Illingworth or Middlebrook? Terrible decision
By notgoingoutreprise
16:18
WICKET

Labuschagne lbw Stevens 11 (Kent 307 v Glamorgan 16-2)

I fancied Darren Stevens' day to get a little better and it indeed has.

He wobbles one back down the slope from the Nackington Road End, Marnus Labuschagne misses playing back and is gone lbw.

Struck on the back pad, height probably isn't an issue but was he outside the line?

Either way, it's another failure for Labuschagne.

11, 12, 10, 0 and now 11 his scores so far.
By gmdf
I don't want to intrude on private grief (oh, well, actually I DO a bit!😉), but having been at Canterbury yesterday you might like a few observations:
  • Only TVG bowled really well;
  • Neser bowled some good balls, but also some loose deliveries;
  • Cummins NEVER looked like getting out when defending the faster bowlers - a good spinner was what Glamorgan needed;
  • Stevens hit sixes to all corners of the ground, not just 'with' the wind; he had some luck BUT the cold wind was the strongest I've ever seen during a game and fielding must have been very difficult;
  • Cooke's captaincy was odd - Stevo was turning down runs every over to keep the strike, and the fielders were pushed back to a ridiculous degree - 8 on the boundary for a long time, 9 towards the end of the innings: I'm not sure that worked!
By Nick_Glam
To be fair to the 3 faster bowlers, I've no doubt they were starting to tire by the time Cummins came to the wicket.

A fourth genuine seamer would have been very useful with hindsight.
gmdf liked this
By notgoingoutreprise
What was the point of a pitch inspection at 11.30 when if conditions are no better than yesterday if be late in the afternoon before any chance of play?
By notgoingoutreprise
notgoingoutreprise wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 1:18 pm What was the point of a pitch inspection at 11.30 when if conditions are no better than yesterday if be late in the afternoon before any chance of play?
Going to be a 5th inspection at 4pm, what is going on? Time they play there be bad light and they will be off again
By glamman
Underway. Was just about to say that Cooke is not really convincing me of his credentials as an opener at this level when he is cleaned up. Surely Selman wil play in the next game.
T20

Couple of 2nd XI games today and tomorrow. Might b[…]

T20 2021

We get underway in front of the cameras v Worcs on[…]