A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Not a great start by the bowlers.
Douthwaite bowls a maiden as the batsmen had no chance of reaching any of the deliveries! I remain of the opinion he is not a 1st class bowler. However, have no problem with him being in the side as a batsman - at that skill I think he could be pretty good. Not sure how many overs Salter will bowl but I would have played Weighell instead.
By Glamorganmorgan
Unless Cooke puts some fielders in Row D at 5 different locations, not sure what else you can do with some of those shots!
By glamman
Not great bowling. Still don't understand why Weighell didn't play instead of Salter. TvdG bowled into the ground.
By JamesH
We have yet again failed to capitalise on a good start and bowl a side out cheaply. Whilst this usually irks me greatly, in this instance I have to say it's been a masterclass from Stevens. Let us not forget that he started his career as an opening bat!
By notgoingoutreprise
glamman wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:41 pm Not great bowling. Still don't understand why Weighell didn't play instead of Salter. TvdG bowled into the ground.
In my opinion Salter should be nowhere near the Championship side for Glamorgan. He is a non spinning spinner who is fit for one dayers and that is about it
By glamman
Tend to agree. Has had plenty of chances in Championship cricket. Good performer in T20. We have agan been reliant on 2 seamers with Hogan not having a good game and Douthwaite just not accurate enough at this level. Not helped by fielders dropping a number of catches. Guess it can't be easy in this wind.
By Vetchetarian
Hopefully Stevens will be too tired to run through the Glam batting when Kent get to bowl. Amazing batting from him.
Glam of course, have, " we are lucky to have him " Labuschagne, and he needs to stand up and do a Stevens.
T20 2021

We get underway in front of the cameras v Worcs on[…]

I don't get it. Last week 5pm start because the fl[…]

Gloucester 20/20

Went Bristol last night, we are so far behind the […]

T20

Couple of 2nd XI games today and tomorrow. Might b[…]