A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Sir_Wellsmote
Just had a look at the forecast for the week .... looks like a probable damp squib to me...

Where I am, the temperatures are over 100 and we have not seen a cloud in three months .... i wish they played cricket out here ... far better conditions for it

I was pretty excited about this one......How much play are you expecting over the next 4 days?
By glamman
Amazing with the modern drainage systems in place how quickly they can get back on after rain. However not expecting much play today. Tomorrow is better and then the week end looks decidedly iffy.
By glamman
As my followers will know, the XI selected for this game meets with my approval. Much better balance with 3 proper seamers. Clearly Matthew reads my posts. :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Given we are batting first, as long as we can occupy the crease today, I don't see our bowlers being overworked this week end given the forecast, so should be good to go again next week and then have a week off. What is disappointing is that when Hogan is rested none of the other seamers seem to be felt good enough to come in. At the moment Carey, Walker and Weighell are said to be available. Bit of an issue. McIlroy still injured and Smith unable to prove his fitness with 2nd team washouts.
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:58 am As my followers will know, the XI selected for this game meets with my approval. Much better balance with 3 proper seamers. Clearly Matthew reads my posts. :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Given we are batting first, as long as we can occupy the crease today, I don't see our bowlers being overworked this week end given the forecast, so should be good to go again next week and then have a week off. What is disappointing is that when Hogan is rested none of the other seamers seem to be felt good enough to come in. At the moment Carey, Walker and Weighell are said to be available. Bit of an issue. McIlroy still injured and Smith unable to prove his fitness with 2nd team washouts.
All we need now then is a No.3 batsman who can " occupy the crease ".

Labuschagne outsmarted again.

I still think we saw the best of him during his previous spell hereabouts.
By glamman
Also tough when Yorkshire's 1st change bowler is David Willey.
Last edited by glamman on Fri May 14, 2021 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By glamman
notgoingoutreprise wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:04 pm Balbirnie/Labuschagne scores 16,5,4,29,3,0,11,12 and 10 nowhere good enough
Right enough. However expectations from Balbirnie could never be the same as for Marnus. Need to give him a bit longer as big change from conditions he has been playing in in Oz. Really tough out there this morning for the batsmen against a quality attack. Expect us to be bowling today if rain stays off.
By Vetchetarian
notgoingoutreprise wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:04 pm Balbirnie/Labuschagne scores 16,5,4,29,3,0,11,12 and 10 nowhere good enough
I agree. Lamentable stats.

If these failures continue, will Maynard consider dropping Labuschange ? He had little appetite for dropping Balburnie.
By glamman
Vetchetarian wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:13 pm

If these failures continue, will Maynard consider dropping Labuschange ? He had little appetite for dropping Balburnie.
This is just his 3rd innings in 3 weeks. Still the best batsman, on paper, in the squad/country. You need a lot of luck in these conditions against anything like a good bowler.
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:24 pm
Vetchetarian wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:13 pm

This is just his 3rd innings in 3 weeks. Still the best batsman, on paper, in the squad/country. You need a lot of luck in these conditions against anything like a good bowler.
Sadly, " paper " runs don't count. They never have, never will.

77-6. 😁 Clearly they are not batting for a draw. 😂
By Sir_Wellsmote
people are seriously discussing dropping marnus here???

i think i have seen it all now

as good as he was with us last time round, he has been even better since both in test and shield cricket and is rightly ranked the third best batsman in the world....

he could get ten ducks in a row and he would still be nowhere near dropping .... good lawd alive
glamman liked this
By glamman
A lot of deliveries today have been unplayable. Just hope we can get the ball in the slot when it's our turn. Have the bowlers to do it.
By Vetchetarian
Sir_Wellsmote wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:10 pm people are seriously discussing dropping marnus here???

i think i have seen it all now

as good as he was with us last time round, he has been even better since both in test and shield cricket and is rightly ranked the third best batsman in the world....

he could get ten ducks in a row and he would still be nowhere near dropping .... good lawd alive
In answer to your question - No !

Perhaps if you actually read my post, you wouldn't need to get so uptight.

Persisting with ANY batsman who makes ten ducks in a row would be quite absurd, regardless of who they are. Classy ducks, I ask you. 10 in a row. I ask you again.

Considering his huge contribution of yesteryear, perhaps Glam can ask for some of his runs to be taken into consideration this season. Now there's a thought. He can permanently live on past glories. 😁
T20 2021

We get underway in front of the cameras v Worcs on[…]

I don't get it. Last week 5pm start because the fl[…]

Gloucester 20/20

Went Bristol last night, we are so far behind the […]

T20

Couple of 2nd XI games today and tomorrow. Might b[…]