A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Sir_Wellsmote
i do believe carlson is the highest english qualified run scorer this season

only david beddingham is ahead of him overall

great job and one i can't say i saw this coming after the last few seasons .... i also like that he scores around a run a ball whatever the conditions... has a huge future i think
By hujon64
Shamu wrote:At least the Chairman of the Professional Cricketers Association which oversees educational training and vocational qualifications for players transitioning out of the professional game as well as supporting on health and welfare issues is a Welshman,
James Harris, I believe, and Mark Wallace was Chairman for 2 stints ie 4 years before working for the PCA delivering the above for a few years after he retired. The overall PCA Director is Ian Thomas, ex Glamorgan player, I think but please correct me if I’m wrong. Cricket was the first to introduce this service but other sports bodies are now introducing it - so important as life/career after sport must be very difficult!
By Shamu
Ian Thomas is Director of Member Services at the PCA. and has a pivotal role in delivering the above mentioned services to the professional players.
I am told that once you have been a contracted player at a county, then you are a PCA member for life.
The PCA is seen as an exemplar amongst professional sports players representative bodies and to have 2 Glamorgan players as Chairmen and another as a highly regard director brings huge kudos to our club.
By Shamu
I almost forgot, but Peter Walker was also pivotal in the early years of the PCA, so the Welsh connection is strong.
By psychocandy
notgoingoutreprise wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:04 pm Balbirnie/Labuschagne scores 16,5,4,29,3,0,11,12 and 10 nowhere good enough
Are you kidding me? Balbirnie fair enough but to hint that Labuschagne is "not good enough"

What is 2 or 3 in the world? And, glamorgan supporters, what, 16th or 17th best in the country, are moaning......

Remember form is temporary, class is permanent.
By psychocandy
Sir_Wellsmote wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:10 pm people are seriously discussing dropping marnus here???

i think i have seen it all now

as good as he was with us last time round, he has been even better since both in test and shield cricket and is rightly ranked the third best batsman in the world....

he could get ten ducks in a row and he would still be nowhere near dropping .... good lawd alive
I agree. We're lucky to have him.....
By Vetchetarian
psychocandy wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:21 am
Sir_Wellsmote wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:10 pm people are seriously discussing dropping marnus here???

i think i have seen it all now

as good as he was with us last time round, he has been even better since both in test and shield cricket and is rightly ranked the third best batsman in the world....

he could get ten ducks in a row and he would still be nowhere near dropping .... good lawd alive
I agree. We're lucky to have him.....
Well, only 9 more ducks required to test the theory.

Frozen Australian ducks for Xmas. Get your orders in early. 😂😂😂😂
By notgoingoutreprise
psychocandy wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:20 am
notgoingoutreprise wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:04 pm Balbirnie/Labuschagne scores 16,5,4,29,3,0,11,12 and 10 nowhere good enough
Are you kidding me? Balbirnie fair enough but to hint that Labuschagne is "not good enough"

What is 2 or 3 in the world? And, glamorgan supporters, what, 16th or 17th best in the country, are moaning......

Remember form is temporary, class is permanent.
I said the scores are not good enough I did not mention the merits of either p[ayer
T20

Couple of 2nd XI games today and tomorrow. Might b[…]

T20 2021

We get underway in front of the cameras v Worcs on[…]