A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Glamno1
Last email I had 20/05

GLAMORGAN HEAD TO CANTERBURY TO FACE KENT

Glamorgan's LV= Insurance County Championship match against Yorkshire on Sky Sports was a rather literal damp squib, with rain the star of the show unfortunately.

Kiran Carlson's sparkling 88* perhaps outshone the England captain's own innings, with Dan Douthwaite removing Joe Root on 99.

A 13-man squad has been named for the trip to Kent, with the same XI that featured against Yorkshire all making the trip to Canterbury.

Glamorgan will look to make it their first double over the team from 'The Garden of England' since 2011, with the two victories in a year a decade ago the fourth time Glamorgan have done the double over Kent.

In the home fixture against this week's opponents, Glamorgan recorded a dominant 10-wicket victory, thanks to 5/28 from Michael Hogan and career-best figures with the ball from David Lloyd.

We can't wait to welcome some of our Members back in two weeks time against Lancashire, and we hope to have more news to share shortly around the Vitality Blast and other fixtures.

Stay safe, and we hope to see you soon.

#GOGLAM
By glamman
Glamno1 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:46 am Notice on website - not even selling tickets for Thursday & Sunday .

Club commutation is very poor
Afraid that's the norm. Members have received e mails about tickets. They certainly did regardiong last Thursday. You need to check that they have your details.
By psychocandy
I can't see anything at all on website.......

So are they not letting anyone in at all next week or what?

Very, very poor by Glam. As usual, the club is run like a village cricket club. How on earth do they expect to get new supporters if they behave like this?

Government announce 10000 allowed the week before T20 starts. Nothing on website about this 2800 odd and no news why they're not selling tickets for next week.

Don't they even think there might be a lot of people interested?
By psychocandy
sorry the 2892 attendance is on there.....

Complete joke though. How many deaths in wales and we're still flapping about this in an outdoor enviroment.

Got more chance of being struck by lightening walking to the ground....
By glamman
Glamorgan trying to negotiate allowing more spectators in. Given the restricted numbers, the members and season ticket holders are being asked if they want tickets first. As I undertsand it, any left after tomorrow will be put on general release. Agree that information not being given.
With the insitance on social distancing and the fannying around by Government, I have some sympathy for Glamorgan. They have to be seen to be obeying the rules, however stupid everyone may think they are.
By Glamno1
glamman wrote:[quote=Glamno1 post_id=31360 time=<a href="tel:1622969180" data-original-title="" title="">1622969180</a> user_id=717]
Notice on website - not even selling tickets for Thursday & Sunday .

Club commutation is very poor
Afraid that's the norm. Members have received e mails about tickets. They certainly did regardiong last Thursday. You need to check that they have your details.[/quote]

They have my details Gareth the ticket manager even sent email with invoice in Feb 2021, as I had issues with transferring the payment from 2020.
On invoice my member number , email address & home address.

I have emailed Gareth personally now .

Regards
By psychocandy
glamman wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:41 am Glamorgan trying to negotiate allowing more spectators in. Given the restricted numbers, the members and season ticket holders are being asked if they want tickets first. As I undertsand it, any left after tomorrow will be put on general release. Agree that information not being given.
With the insitance on social distancing and the fannying around by Government, I have some sympathy for Glamorgan. They have to be seen to be obeying the rules, however stupid everyone may think they are.
Yeh I suppose. But why don't glam say this about the tickets......

I agree though- massive fannying around by the government has made it difficult for everyone.

Not being funny though I've been to glastonbury a few times. 150K people there. Say for instance they let it run with 10K people - OK its going to be empty but there still wont be any social distancing because people will crowd.
By glamman
psychocandy wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:09 am
glamman wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:41 am Glamorgan trying to negotiate allowing more spectators in. Given the restricted numbers, the members and season ticket holders are being asked if they want tickets first. As I undertsand it, any left after tomorrow will be put on general release. Agree that information not being given.
Yeh I suppose. But why don't glam say this about the tickets......

I agree though- massive fannying around by the government has made it difficult for everyone.

Not being funny though I've been to glastonbury a few times. 150K people there. Say for instance they let it run with 10K people - OK its going to be empty but there still wont be any social distancing because people will crowd.
You will be expected to stay in the seat allocated unless going to get something. There is still a problem with COVID and people need to be sensible. Restrictions are exagerated because of people's stupidity.
I'm sure if it were up to Glamorgan they'd have as many in the ground as they can, and not have to continue with the rigmarole involved in sorting out these pilots and smaller capacities - the 5k/6k attendances that are regular during the T20s seem to mean that 2m isn't possible with those, so I imagine the ticket office are fairly busy dealing with those plus the internationals...
By glamman
Not sure why they have to stick to 1000 (if that's correct) with the relaxation from today. I guess the most frustrating thing is the lack of information. Having not seen live cricket for nearly 2 years it's not surprising fans getting agitated especially if they have renewed membership.
By psychocandy
Gareth at Glam got back to me.

Yes its 1000 for the first two games. Season ticket holders, T20 season, then tickets pre-purchases. Not sure if there will be any left then.

Fair way to do it but why isnt this on the website?

Typical Drakeford. Make everyone think he doing us a favour by allowing 10000 when the reality is completely different.

Ice rinks are opening soon too. Good news because my daughter goes BUT you might want to socially distance but if you cant stop - you know what I mean! Worlds gone mad.
T20 2021

We get underway in front of the cameras v Worcs on[…]

I don't get it. Last week 5pm start because the fl[…]

Gloucester 20/20

Went Bristol last night, we are so far behind the […]

T20

Couple of 2nd XI games today and tomorrow. Might b[…]