A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Pleased to say we have coverage from behind the bowler's arm at each end. Not sure why there are periods when that does not seem to be the case. I wonder if the "director" just likes playing, seeing him/herself as the next Spielberg.
Lloyd and Root doing well. Fortunately the change bowling has not been quite as tight as the openers.
By Sir_Wellsmote
yes

what a great day for lloyd .... and for the team
would be great to drive it home by batting all day tomorrow

glad we won't be setting a target this time
By gmdf
Over the last few years every time I see Glamorgan play Kent either Graham Wagg or David Lloyd seems to do extremely well. Wagg may have moved on, but Lloyd seems to have made up for his absence.

I can't see Kent getting back into this game unless they bowl Glamorgan out for less than 200. And then bat a whole lot better than they generally have so far this season.
By glamman
I wouldn't be too worried yet. As we saw in our last match, we can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
By gmdf
glamman wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:03 am I wouldn't be too worried yet. As we saw in our last match, we can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
We'll see...but I suspect the die is already cast for this game. :brickwall:
By Sir_Wellsmote
i am incredibly grateful for the coverage that we get, but would love them to pan out so we could see the field from time to time .... the coverage from northampton did that very well ... you could see that little boundary
By glamman
3 quick wickets. The extra runs we allowed them to score yesterday may come back to haunt us. TvdG confirmed in his post match interview that they bowled poorly in the first hour.
Batting looks very tricky this morning. Every run precious. Will we get a first innings lead?
By glamman
The bowling from the Kent change bowlers is again a bit loose. Every run is precious. Hopefully all our bowlers can be miserly in the Kent 2nd innings.
By glamman
"He's bowled him, or is it caught behind. Well he's out." Who has just said those words?
By glamman
Super bowling from Hogan. As Crawley found, targetting the top of off stump. Ball moved back a long way.
Do not need to worry about doing anything special on this pitch. Just hit a good length on off stump.
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:35 pm "He's bowled him, or is it caught behind. Well he's out." Who has just said those words?
Surely, it's time to lay off Eddie Bevan. You've made your point, you neither like, admire, nor respect him. We don't all feel as you do.
By glamman
Vetchetarian wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:54 pm
glamman wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:35 pm "He's bowled him, or is it caught behind. Well he's out." Who has just said those words?
Surely, it's time to lay off Eddie Bevan. You've made your point, you neither like, admire, nor respect him. We don't all feel as you do.
If you are listening to the commentary without the benefit of watching the pictures you are not getting a very good service. That is my point.
By glamman
Vetchetarian wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:55 pm Wickets tumbling. Is there a question mark over the pitch ?
It is certainly not going to score very well given the current criteria. This is what this year's regulations state:

Pitches should be prepared to provide an even contest between bat and ball and should allow all disciplines in the game to flourish. In all cases, pitches will be judged on how they play, and not whether they are dry or what colour they are etc.

Rated as poor if - Excessive unevenness of bounce for any bowler at any stage of the match. Excessive seam movement at any stage of the match.

Penalties can only be applied if a pitch has been marked Poor or Unfit, or is a second case, in the same competition, of a Below Average pitch for that County in a 12-month period (both Below Average pitches rated such as a result of seam movement, unevenness or turn), AND ECB Directive 11 has been breached. It is unlikely that a County will be penalised if a Poor or Unfit pitch, or either of the Below Average pitches results from a genuine and reasonable attempt to improve the quality of its pitches.

We'll have to wait and see.
Vetchetarian liked this
T20 2021

We get underway in front of the cameras v Worcs on[…]

I don't get it. Last week 5pm start because the fl[…]

Gloucester 20/20

Went Bristol last night, we are so far behind the […]

T20

Couple of 2nd XI games today and tomorrow. Might b[…]