A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Nick_Glam
Game should be dominated by the seamers with us leaving Salter out (along with Weighell).

I guess Carey has come in from the cold due to desperation, but hopefully he will have a point to prove.
By glamman
gmdf wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:40 am Kent team unchanged from the last match - so Gilchrist and O'Riordan have missed out. Glamorgan have won toss and will bowl.

I'd suggest the first session will be crucial as Kent's top order has been fallible this season. But several owe us runs, so we'll see!
Interesting decision. Have not seen the pitch but most this season have been ones to bat first on. Guess it has been a bit damp over the last 24 hours so hopefully will get a few wickets this morning. Not sure why Walker has given way to Carey.
By glamman
I know I have moaned about EB before but surely as a commentator it is important that you convey the correct information. Already stated this morning that Rossington broke his thumb "diving around" whereas he did it just fumbling a straightforward catch.
By Nick_Glam
glamman wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:07 am I know I have moaned about EB before but surely as a commentator it is important that you convey the correct information. Already stated this morning that Rossington broke his thumb "diving around" whereas he did it just fumbling a straightforward catch.
You are obsessed! :lol
By glamman
After a loose first few overs we have tightened things up a bit. However too many 4 balls that breaks the pressure built. Need a breakthrough after winning the toss.
By glamman
Am afraid that Kent going at just under 4 an over in bowler friendly conditions with the loss of just one wicket says it all about the bowling this morning. Batsmen have had a bit of luck but that does not explain the rate of scoring. Too inconsistent in line and length from all the bowlers.
By glamman
Good effort with the ball in the last 30 minutes before lunch has got us back on track. Still think they have scored 30 runs too many in this session. Just have to get the ball in the right area and the batsmen will struggle.
By Vetchetarian
I was envisaging 120+ for one wicket down at lunch, but Lloyd has pegged Kent back a bit, so 92 -3 is more palatable.

Update, 97 - 4 even more so.
Last edited by Vetchetarian on Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By glamman
Great reaction from the umpire to the last ball. Just misses the stumps and he covers his eyes with both hands.
Not sure why we only have a camera at one end. A significant deficiency compared to other grounds. Maybe because of the position of the pitch being so far over. As has previously been pointed out, we are probably stuck with this through the season as the central pitches are reserved for the hundred.
By gmdf
79-1 (& looking good) when I went for my lunch, but at 97-4 I'd say definitely justified the decision to bowl first. Crawley may be the key man here after lunch, though Kent do bat down to Milnes at 9 .
By glamman
Concerning that Labuschagne is injured before he has picked up a bat in anger. Apparently fell down the stairs going onto the pitch. :pray:
By glamman
On pitches like this it is even more important to keep it tight with the ball as every run is precious. No good bowling out a team for 200 if it should have been for 150.
T20 2021

We get underway in front of the cameras v Worcs on[…]

I don't get it. Last week 5pm start because the fl[…]

Gloucester 20/20

Went Bristol last night, we are so far behind the […]

T20

Couple of 2nd XI games today and tomorrow. Might b[…]