A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Great to hear that Marnus may be available this week. I am amazed that there is some commonsense during this COVID problem. Shame that Neser looks likely to be unavailable as we probably need him more. Assume Balbirnie will be left out.
Walker has to come in for Weighell and maybe TvdG for Harris, who looked off the pace this week end. Other question is whether Hogan needs a rest.
By glamman
Sounds like Labuschagne and Neser were given a week off after the Sheffield Shield and arrived here yesterday. Would be great if Neser also able to play but probably will not quite be ready.
By glamman
To be honest, if I was Neser and given the choice of sitting at home doing nothing for 4 days or being out playing cricket, I know what I would try very hard to be doing.
By JamesH
Four changes.

Selman and Douthwaite not playing. I always thought as them as two of MM's favourites. Balbirnie presumably heading back to Ireland, and Walker not in the squad either.

In come Labuschagne, VdG, Salter, and Carey.

I enjoy fantasy-picking my Glammy XI as much as the rest of you, so I would go with:

J Cooke, Lloyd, Labuschagne, Root, Carlson, Taylor, C Cooke, Harris, Carey, VdG, Hogan.

That's a lot of right-arm medium, as a certain Mr Ed Bevan would describe them.
By glamman
JamesH wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:08 pm Four changes.

Selman and Douthwaite not playing. I always thought as them as two of MM's favourites. Balbirnie presumably heading back to Ireland, and Walker not in the squad either.

I enjoy fantasy-picking my Glammy XI as much as the rest of you, so I would go with:

J Cooke, Lloyd, Labuschagne, Root, Carlson, Taylor, C Cooke, Harris, Carey, VdG, Hogan.

Assume Walker has picked up an injury, but not mentioned. No surprise to see Salter in given the nature of the pitches so far this season. Douthwaite injured. Thought with Selman scoring some runs, he would stay. If Salter plays I guess the pitch will be grassless. However Salter has not been able to take a lot of wickets with the red ball. Will have spin from Marnus, Taylor and Root. Will be 4 from Salter, Hogan, TvdG, Weighell, Carey and Harris. Depends on pitch.
By JamesH
glamman wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:35 pm
JamesH wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:08 pm Four changes.

Assume Walker has picked up an injury, but not mentioned. No surprise to see Salter in given the nature of the pitches so far this season. Douthwaite injured. Thought with Selman scoring some runs, he would stay. If Salter plays I guess the pitch will be grassless. However Salter has not been able to take a lot of wickets with the red ball. Will have spin from Marnus, Taylor and Root. Will be 4 from Salter, Hogan, TvdG, Weighell, Carey and Harris. Depends on pitch.

Also this household is very excited to see Marnus playing! I've been shown his Instagram message, he seems to enjoy playing for us and we're lucky to have him.
By gmdf
This is the XI that lost to Lancashire last week, plus Gilchrist and O'Riordan. Assuming all players fit, I'd guess one of Klaassn, Gilchrist and O'Riordan will play - probably the last named as he wills strengthen the batting.
By Nick_Glam
Douthwaite being out for this game probably gives us a better balance as it forces us to pick 4 genuine bowlers.

Surprised that Selman isn't included after scoring runs and occupying the crease for a long period in the last game. Hopefully Joe Cooke can carry his good form with the 2nds into the game, though.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:55 pm Douthwaite being out for this game probably gives us a better balance as it forces us to pick 4 genuine bowlers.

Surprised that Selman isn't included after scoring runs and occupying the crease for a long period in the last game. Hopefully Joe Cooke can carry his good form with the 2nds into the game, though.
We look a lot better off for batting than we do for bowling.
By Nick_Glam
glamman wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:46 am We look a lot better off for batting than we do for bowling.
Of course.

We need Neser to be fit and available for every game from next week onwards. Hopefully the rest of the ragbag of seamers can provide him with support (that doesn't imply any criticism of Hogan obviously, but we can't expect him to play every game).
By gmdf
Kent team unchanged from the last match - so Gilchrist and O'Riordan have missed out. Glamorgan have won toss and will bowl.

I'd suggest the first session will be crucial as Kent's top order has been fallible this season. But several owe us runs, so we'll see!
T20 2021

We get underway in front of the cameras v Worcs on[…]

I don't get it. Last week 5pm start because the fl[…]

Gloucester 20/20

Went Bristol last night, we are so far behind the […]

T20

Couple of 2nd XI games today and tomorrow. Might b[…]