A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
The CIA probably have a better view of this game at the moment from one of their satellites than we have from god knows where the camera is sited. :doh:
By JamesH
glamman wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:15 pm On pitches like this it is even more important to keep it tight with the ball as every run is precious. No good bowling out a team for 200 if it should have been for 150.

Oh lighten up, I'd be overjoyed if we bowl them out for 200, then Marnus will score 500 runs by himself and we'll skittle them for 200 again on day 4.
By glamman
JamesH wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:42 pm
glamman wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:15 pm On pitches like this it is even more important to keep it tight with the ball as every run is precious. No good bowling out a team for 200 if it should have been for 150.

Oh lighten up, I'd be overjoyed if we bowl them out for 200, then Marnus will score 500 runs by himself and we'll skittle them for 200 again on day 4.
We’ll see. Marnus currently off the field with a hand injury and may not be able to bat in the top 5. Not sure exactly of the rules.
By Sir_Wellsmote
blimey

only managed to tune in after the rain delay

our bowlers have learned to bowl .... lloyd has been spectacular
By glamman
Excellent from Lloyd. Keeps hitting the right area. Hopefully we won't find that 140 is a good score on this pitch. If so the inspectors might be called in.
By Jenks33
Good effort to restrict them to 138. Although if Lloydy got 4 wickets then Darren Stevens must be licking his lips
By glamman
One already. This pitch is one that needs Selman-like batting. Very surprised that he was replaced.
Labuschagne looking more and more like Steve Smith when he bats. Great to see that he does not seem to be having any ill-effects from his fall.
By Sir_Wellsmote
the problem with selman-like batting is that it usually yields a low single figure score

wouldn't have fancied him not to get his pad betwixt ball and stumps against stevens ... i m not displeased that they have given someone else a go but a tricky wicket for cooke to be introduced unfortunately
exileKT8 liked this
By glamman
With respect to our bowling in the first 90 minutes this morning, I would point out that by the end of the 14th over of the Kent innings we had conceded 8 boundaries while Kent bowlers have only conceded 2. Long way to go but I will be happy to see us get any sort of 1st innings lead.
By glamman
This is the type of pitch the powers that be do not like. Certainly not one that would have been produced in the period when away teams had the option to field first. Will be interesting to see if anything happens.
By Sir_Wellsmote
far more fun than the batter's paradises we have seen so far this season .... i also think a lot of wickets have just been batsmen missing straight ones .....certainly wasn't the pitch that got our first two out ... they were both very ordinary shots
By glamman
Not going to do anything to promote the development of spinners. That's where the emphasis of the pitch regulations lies. Can turn on day 1 but don't like it seaming all over the place. Personally I am supportive of such directives. Stevens is a great player but the fact that he is opening the bowling in 1st class cricket at the age of 45 says it all. Means that FC cricket is not going to breed the players needed to bowl on the flat pitches you get at the next level up.
I like to see a fair contest between bat and ball.
By glamman
Great to see Lloyd prospering in the opening slot. Have to say I was worried but he has proved me wrong. Definitely the best option with the resources available. Makes it stranger that Selman discarded as the two are an excellent balance.
As I write this Lloyd dropped.

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

CC v Sussex

Encouraging to see a swift return to action by Ros[…]

Lancashire v Glamorgan

Lancashire seem to be playing a lot of good cricke[…]