A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By JamesH
glamman wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:31 pm Lloyd opening the bowling just seems unnecessary.

Agreed. I can only imagine we're trying the Tim Murtagh/Darren Stevens method, but Lloyd is way off them.

Try it for a few overs I guess and then give the ball to Harris!
By JamesH
JamesH wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:37 pm
glamman wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:31 pm Lloyd opening the bowling just seems unnecessary.

Agreed. I can only imagine we're trying the Tim Murtagh/Darren Stevens method, but Lloyd is way off them.

Try it for a few overs I guess and then give the ball to Harris!

Never mind. Lloyd to take a 10-fer!
By glamman
Probably the best session we have had for a while capped off by some great work from Weighell in the field.
Not going to be easy getting 20 wickets on this pitch but a great start.
By eastsidedevil
Decent day overall, Harris looked rusty and Weighell looked much better. Great batting from the skipper and the tail to get over the 400. Look for a first innings lead of at least 100 and hopefully get 300 in the second innings.

Bowl them out Sunday job done nice and easy :yes:
exileKT8 liked this
By glamman
eastsidedevil wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:25 pm Decent day overall, Harris looked rusty and Weighell looked much better. Great batting from the skipper and the tail to get over the 400. Look for a first innings lead of at least 100 and hopefully get 300 in the second innings.

Bowl them out Sunday job done nice and easy :yes:
Sounds a good plan.
By hujon64
Very much enjoying this match and relieved to see Weighill contributing with the bat and a great run out. When Labuschagne, Neser and Ingram arrive, there is going to be a very healthy competition for places. Would be nice to see Harris return as he is still young with plenty to offer with bat and ball. We are much more competitive this year which is great to see and a win here would be a real morale booster.
By glamman
Definitely a much better first 2 days. Wait to see how competitive we are. The batting and bowling against Sussex was poor with a couple of notable exceptions. Never should lose a game on a flat pitch against effectively one bowler, even if he did bowl well.
I assume Labuschagne and Neser have arrived but have not heard any confirmation.
By glamman
Morning goes to Northants. Have not been able to watch but expected to make more inroads with the new ball. Hopefully we can bat to just before lunch tomorrow but going to be difficult to get then out if the pitch does not change.
By Shamu
Very poor captaincy by Cooke this morning contributing to the steady erosion of a potentially match winning lead.
By glamman
Shamu wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:06 pm Very poor captaincy by Cooke this morning contributing to the steady erosion of a potentially match winning lead.
In what way? I did not see it.
T20 2021

We get underway in front of the cameras v Worcs on[…]

I don't get it. Last week 5pm start because the fl[…]

Gloucester 20/20

Went Bristol last night, we are so far behind the […]

T20

Couple of 2nd XI games today and tomorrow. Might b[…]