A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By JamesH
Playing up at Northern CC in Crosby.

Team is JM Cooke, SJ Reingold, CR Brown, AG Salter, TN Cullen*†, MJ Bevans, LJ Carey, AW Gorvin, RI Walker, P Sisodiya, J Coughlin, SJ Jardine. I make that 6 contracted players and 5 stand ins.

The scorecard has J Coughlin (formerly on the books at Durham) opening the bowling but it's actually Walker.

Lancs off to a quick start but Walker / Carey are about as decent an opening pair as you'll get at 2nd XI level. Be interesting to see if Cooke scores any runs opening.

One wicket to fall so far - to Walker.
By glamman
Coughlin's older brother is playing for Durham 2's.
I assume Walker and Cullen will be making the trip over to Northants after play today. I note Walker bowled only 14 overs compared to Carey's 25. Not sure Carey is as quick as he used to be.
By eastsidedevil
I have umpired Sam Jardine a couple of times. Used to play for Tata Steel in Prem 2 but believe he may have moved to Neath. Medium pace swing bowler who batted a bit at that level. Probably early twenties now I would have thought
By Shamu
“I assume Walker and Cullen will be making the trip over to Northants after play today. I note Walker bowled only 14 overs compared to Carey's 25. Not sure Carey is as quick as he used to be”.

Expect a surprise on the team sheet at Northants !
By glamman
Shamu wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:08 am “I assume Walker and Cullen will be making the trip over to Northants after play today. I note Walker bowled only 14 overs compared to Carey's 25. Not sure Carey is as quick as he used to be”.

If we've signed another seamer then you would seriously have to question the point of signing Weighell, with Carey and Walker on the books and Neser arriving soon. The only thing I can think of is a loan player for a couple of weeks but again, what was the point of signing Weighell?
By eastsidedevil
glamman wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:17 am
Shamu wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:08 am “I assume Walker and Cullen will be making the trip over to Northants after play today. I note Walker bowled only 14 overs compared to Carey's 25. Not sure Carey is as quick as he used to be”.

If we've signed another seamer then you would seriously have to question the point of signing Weighell, with Carey and Walker on the books and Neser arriving soon. The only thing I can think of is a loan player for a couple of weeks but again, what was the point of signing Weighell?
Presumably the surprise will be to replace Weighell, in that case wouldn't Weighell be playing for the 2s? maybe not as it was back to back with the Sussex game?
By glamman
Weighell couldn't go straight into a 2nd team game.

Cooke with a century and then out to a dreadful lbw decision. I suggest no one ever moans about the decisions they get in club games because we have seen some dreadful ones in the 1st and 2nd team games over the last week. Shame as player's livelihoods are dependent on people who must be partially sighted.
By eastsidedevil
I think dreadful is a bit strong on the decision! I would agree it’s debatable but not in the same league as the Chris Cooke dismissal v Sussex in my opinion.
By glamman
eastsidedevil wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:28 pm I think dreadful is a bit strong on the decision! I would agree it’s debatable but not in the same league as the Chris Cooke dismissal v Sussex in my opinion.
Must have hit him a foot outside leg stump.
I actually thought the Cooke dismissal was one of the better decisions. Others far worse - both Root's lbw's were very poor.
CC v Sussex

Encouraging to see a swift return to action by Ros[…]

Lancashire v Glamorgan

Lancashire seem to be playing a lot of good cricke[…]