A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:47 pm
Vetchetarian wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:41 pm
eastsidedevil wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:30 pm Looks a long way back from here. :no:

Whilst I accept that a number of us have been pretty negative about Bevan, surely we can express an opinion?
Of course you can express an opinion, it's just sad that Bevan seems to be a target on here now. Although he has taken flak previously, it just seems to be getting more prevalent.
It's me, I have this thing for defending the underdog. Forgive me for that. :)
It’s just that the commentary was handed over to Nick Webb a number of years ago and he does a good job. It then seems that Bevan pushes his way back in and the quality of the broadcast deteriorates.
I like Nick Webb a lot. Excellent commentator, with a voice that caresses.

" It seems that Bevan pushes his way back in... " How can he actually do that ?
He must be under contract to still be commentating, presumably working rota with Webb.
Or are you suggesting that Bevan no longer works for the beeb, and stalks Webb whilst he is on air, gatecrashes the studio, wresting the microphone from him ? If that's how it is, I'd love to be in the studio and see him do it. :)
By glamman
Having been listening to the commentaries religiously over the last 10+ years when not at the ground it just seemed that Bevan was not heard for a year or so when Nick took over, then made some “guest” appearances and now seems to be around more again. Not sure what the arrangement is.
By Nick_Glam
A fine delivery from Hogan to wrap things up. His figures are excellent considering the context of the match.

If he's not required to bowl many more overs in this game, the only positive might be that it won't be necessary to rest him for the next game.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:06 am A fine delivery from Hogan to wrap things up. His figures are excellent considering the context of the match.

If he's not required to bowl many more overs in this game, the only positive might be that it won't be necessary to rest him for the next game.
Down side is that our batting will have failed again on a good batting track.
By Nick_Glam
glamman wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:12 am
Down side is that our batting will have failed again on a good batting track.
Indeed. That's why I said the "only positive".
By glamman
Looks like Queensland will have the Sheffield Shield final sown up with a day to spare. Shame we have to wait so long before Labuschagne and Neser can play.
By Sir_Wellsmote
looks really good doesn't he?

always looks extremely classy to me until he gets himself out after a couple of overs....

i think he has endless potential .... thrilled that he is getting it together at last
By glamman
Not sure why the person directing the camera feed thinks it is good to watch the delivery from square of the wicket? Yet another person at Glamorgan who seems to have little understanding of cricket.😂
By glamman
Carlson has batted superbly. His runs have come at a good rate meaning he has kept pressure on the bowlers and not let them just bowl at him. Also rotating the strike well. Hopefully it won’t be a one-off this season. I don’t think it will. Just a shame no one has stuck with him.
Last edited by glamman on Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Glamorganmorgan
glamman wrote:Not sure why the person directing the camera feed thinks it is good to watch the delivery from square of the wicket? Yet another person at Glamorgan who seems to have little understanding of cricket.😂
Indeed, I haven't seen a single ball from straight on! At least it stops us debating LBWs on Twitter...
By glamman
Carlson showing that you should really never get out on this pitch. Scoring off virtually every ball.
T20 2021

We get underway in front of the cameras v Worcs on[…]

I don't get it. Last week 5pm start because the fl[…]

Gloucester 20/20

Went Bristol last night, we are so far behind the […]

T20

Couple of 2nd XI games today and tomorrow. Might b[…]