A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Vetchetarian
eastsidedevil wrote:Why does Bevan say "caught at the wicket" for a catch? Never heard anyone else say that!
I have, many times. It's used to describe a catch taken by the wicketkeeper.

Bevan is old school, and still uses phrases that have stood the test of time.

The great Brian Johnston used to say it. He also described wicketkeepers as " weekeepers ".
By Vetchetarian
What's with the witch hunt against Edward Bevan ?

This place is fast resembling a certain football forum of my acquaintance.
By eastsidedevil
Looks a long way back from here. :no:

Whilst I accept that a number of us have been pretty negative about Bevan, surely we can express an opinion?
By Vetchetarian
eastsidedevil wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:30 pm Looks a long way back from here. :no:

Whilst I accept that a number of us have been pretty negative about Bevan, surely we can express an opinion?
Of course you can express an opinion, it's just sad that Bevan seems to be a target on here now. Although he has taken flak previously, it just seems to be getting more prevalent.
It's me, I have this thing for defending the underdog. Forgive me for that. :)
By glamman
Garton approaching first 1st class century. Does it count against Glamorgan?
Weighell also approaching his ton in quick time. :no:
By glamman
Might be a good pitch but our attack is no better than a good club side with Hogan as the overseas pro.
By glamman
Bevan describes the ball as being fielded by mid off as it is stopped by the bowler. It is pointless listening to him on the radio without the pictures to see what is actually happening.
By Nick_Glam
I will be generous with Weighell and say that maybe this game has come too soon for him.

I was a little surprised that he was immediately included in the squad last week and he might need some time away from the first team before coming back in later in the season.

The plan might have been to rest Hogan, but difficult to see how we can do that without massively weakening the team.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:03 pm I will be generous with Weighell and say that maybe this game has come too soon for him.

I was a little surprised that he was immediately included in the squad last week and he might need some time away from the first team before coming back in later in the season.

The plan might have been to rest Hogan, but difficult to see how we can do that without massively weakening the team.
Weighell isn’t a new comer. Should be able to slot in.
By glamman
Vetchetarian wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:41 pm
eastsidedevil wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:30 pm Looks a long way back from here. :no:

Of course you can express an opinion, it's just sad that Bevan seems to be a target on here now. Although he has taken flak previously, it just seems to be getting more prevalent.
It's me, I have this thing for defending the underdog. Forgive me for that. :)
It’s just that the commentary was handed over to Nick Webb a number of years ago and he does a good job. It then seems that Bevan pushes his way back in and the quality of the broadcast deteriorates.
By Nick_Glam
I think it's fair to say that Edward Bevan shows his age nowadays, but the comments here have been excessive imo.

He has generated almost as much discussion as the guys who have actually taken the field.

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

CC v Sussex

Encouraging to see a swift return to action by Ros[…]

Lancashire v Glamorgan

Lancashire seem to be playing a lot of good cricke[…]