A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By eastsidedevil
Nick_Glam wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:27 pm Hogan is still the man.

A very decent appeal there Root on Root.
Not sure why that wasn't given? Outside the line possibly? Looked a very good shout!
By glamman
eastsidedevil wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:14 pm
Nick_Glam wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:27 pm Hogan is still the man.

A very decent appeal there Root on Root.
Not sure why that wasn't given? Outside the line possibly? Looked a very good shout!
Looked a good shout but don't mind umpires giving not outs when it is uncertain. Could have been outside the line and might have been a bit high. There have been a lot of appeals turned down in this game.

Competent start from McIlroy. Certainly better than his name sake in the golf yesterday.
By eastsidedevil
You are right about the umpiring, very little given at all in this game which is OK if consistent.

First time I have seen Mcilroy and he has looked tidy and a bonus that he offers a different angle left arm over.
By glamman
exileKT8 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:00 pm May I endorse the positives and we can all enjoy an unexpected Glammy total of 330 at Headingly. We await to see what the Yorks batsmen make of it. My fear that Root would score more in his one innings than our team would in two looks unfounded.

Big Well Done to Root and Carlson in the morning when conditions may have been tricky. Superb fightback by Douthwaite, TVDG and Hogan in the afternoon. Not the first time our tail has got us out of a hole in recent times.

Douthwaite attracts some comment on here, I have never seen him live and there are plenty of better judges than me, but when he comes off he can hit and dominate an attack. He has already got us home in some run chases and for a young man he seems to have batting talent and power, perhaps batting craft will come. He picks up wickets with bad balls (something that never harmed Botham and Stokes) and can bowl the occasional `jaffa`. Not saying he will be another Botham or Stokes but could be very useful for us.
As you say, he has the nice knack of picking up wickets. Excellent full delivery with a bit of shape.
By glamman
The run out attempt looked out. I think the umpire didn't give it because he was not watching as he took evasive action.
By glamman
McIlroy off the mark and things could not be going much better. Just need to maintain this level.

Interestingly his figures look particularly miserly although he has sprayed it around a bit.
By glamman
Everything working. Wonder what the odds of being able to enforce a follow on were? I assume the cut off is still 150 runs.
By glamman
Some good bowling is laying waste the Glamorgan batting.

At least the 2nds look as if they have combatted the early batting wobble with another top score from Carey.
By Nick_Glam
A stupendously good day for us, but still not counting any chickens.

Hopefully we can get a lead of more than 300 tomorrow, but if they play at their best the Yorkshire batsmen are capable of chasing a big total.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:24 am A stupendously good day for us, but still not counting any chickens.

Hopefully we can get a lead of more than 300 tomorrow, but if they play at their best the Yorkshire batsmen are capable of chasing a big total.
We need to set them one first. Certainly looks like being a result and looks 50:50 at the moment. Need Root and Cooke to stick around as we cannot rely on the tail again.
By Vetchetarian
Glamorgan certainly exceeded expectations, mine anyway, by gaining quite a large first innings lead. They should be congratulated for that, unfortunately,.....!

My gut feeling is that Yorkshire will eventually prove too powerful a unit, and, weather permitting, win the encounter. Hope I'm wrong, of course. Prove me wrong boys.

Should my worse fears come to fruition, however, " We'll always have Paris ". 😃

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

CC v Sussex

Encouraging to see a swift return to action by Ros[…]

Lancashire v Glamorgan

Lancashire seem to be playing a lot of good cricke[…]