A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Nick_Glam
A 13 man squad named and you would suspect that Cullen and either Weighell or McIlroy will be omitted.

Says a lot about how they feel about Carey that even with us having absentees, he doesn't even make the squad.
By eastsidedevil
Interesting that Cullen is included, given he is not out overnight in the 2s game where he is also captaining. Has he made the journey to Leeds? If he has it would have been close to midnight surely by the time he got there given he was still batting at Taunton at 6.30 last night!
By glamman
eastsidedevil wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:18 am Interesting that Cullen is included, given he is not out overnight in the 2s game where he is also captaining. Has he made the journey to Leeds? If he has it would have been close to midnight surely by the time he got there given he was still batting at Taunton at 6.30 last night!
Don't see him playing so important he got some game time with the 2s and great to see him taking advantage of it. Hopefully McIlroy plays rather than Weighell. Still a concern why we are not getting players consistently through our Academy system. This should be an opportunity for one of our youngsters rather than bringing in a 27 year old with an average record. Carey and Walker seem to have gone backwards. We all know the issues with Carey.
By eastsidedevil
Don't see him playing so important he got some game time with the 2s and great to see him taking advantage of it. Hopefully McIlroy plays rather than Weighell. Still a concern why we are not getting players consistently through our Academy system. This should be an opportunity for one of our youngsters rather than bringing in a 27 year old with an average record. Carey and Walker seem to have gone backwards. We all know the issues with Carey.
[/quote]

I don't disagree with you here but maybe if he isn't going to play it would be better for him to stay at Taunton? Difficult call I suppose because if a batter gets ill overnight or pulls up in the warm up in Leeds it would leave a tricky situation.

I suspect we will see:
Selman
Lloyd
Balbirnie
Carlson
Root
Cooke
Taylor
Douthwaite
Weighell
TvDG
Hogan
By glamman
eastsidedevil wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:26 am Don't see him playing so important he got some game time with the 2s and great to see him taking advantage of it. Hopefully McIlroy plays rather than Weighell. Still a concern why we are not getting players consistently through our Academy system. This should be an opportunity for one of our youngsters rather than bringing in a 27 year old with an average record. Carey and Walker seem to have gone backwards. We all know the issues with Carey.
I don't disagree with you here but maybe if he isn't going to play it would be better for him to stay at Taunton? Difficult call I suppose because if a batter gets ill overnight or pulls up in the warm up in Leeds it would leave a tricky situation.

I suspect we will see:
Selman
Lloyd
Balbirnie
Carlson
Root
Cooke
Taylor
Douthwaite
Weighell
TvDG
Hogan
[/quote]

Am pleased to say it is McIlroy rather than Weighell. Ball moving about but fortunately Fisher is bowling rather wide.
By exileKT8
Welcome back All.

No prizes for guessing which County William Hill had at the shortest price to win in this opening round.

The odds were 1/6 on, the next shortest was 2/7. Clue they are towards the end of the alphabet.
By glamman
Root trying hard to get run out or runout his partner.
Glamorgan batsmen happy to let the ball just hit the stumps without offering a shot.
#basics

Positives - good to see Carlson playing some shots.
By eastsidedevil
Could have been a lot worse today. Carlson dropped early on, if taken could have made this ugly, however reasonably content against what looks like a good side.
By glamman
Good effort from Douthwaite with a mixture of watchfulness and aggression at the right times. I have always seen him as a batting all rounder providing the 4th seamer option.
Statistics

Hello All, Good to see some cricket via live stre[…]

Return of crowds

Any thoughts on the return of crowds to The Count[…]

Glamorgan v Sussex

Are we foreseeing any changes in the side? Any new[…]

Glammy 2s v Lancs 2s

Playing up at Northern CC in Crosby. Team is JM C[…]