A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Jenks33
Yes at 114 for 8 I was hoping we could restrict them to about 125. They shouldn’t have got 142
By Nick_Glam
Plenty of positives with our bowling again, but the weaknesses with the batting are pretty clear.

I suppose one thing that can be said about Morgan is that they have given him a chance, and it looks pretty clear that he ought to be released.
By Bubbles
Post interview we talk about putting things right in the winter? What happened last winter?
Last season and before Lloyd was not first on the team sheet but now he is not playing we talk about him as if he was indespensible!
Roman Walker? Where is he?
I read on this board that one of the Overton twins was offered £160k each year for three years? Any truth?
If this kind of money is floating about how about getting a top drawer batsman?
Bowling is not the problem.
There is major money at the club being wasted on the hierarchy by the time this is rectified the recipients will be relaxing on fat pensions. Take some responsibility for your performance. Any other industry and heads would have rolled. Take away ECB handouts which will happen and we will be in a perilous performance with lack of membership and commercial backing not forthcoming.
We need somebody to come in and steer the ship. :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:54 pm Plenty of positives with our bowling again, but the weaknesses with the batting are pretty clear.

I suppose one thing that can be said about Morgan is that they have given him a chance, and it looks pretty clear that he ought to be released.
Owen is a lovely chap but I have never understood his promotion as a batsman on the back of one performance as a night watchman. Without that innings he averages just 17 from 38 innings and in T20 has scored 35 runs in 6 goes at a SR of 70. Should not be batting in the top 6 in any format.
When you have Nick Webb on commentary, who is usually very supportive, saying that Morgan should "hit out or get out" I think it says it all.
Last edited by glamman on Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
By glamman
Not sure about Lloyd's crouched stance. Seems slightly more exagerated even than last year.
I assume the XI for tomorrow will be much the same - not much that can be changed. Only swap could be Morgan by Wagg or Douthwaite.
By Bubbles
Snouts like thins season has To add Wagg u already been written off.
Why are we then even considering Wag
I do not rate slogger Douthwaite but he must play.
We will end the season with young cricketers not knowing what to do for the best.
HEmphrey must go just not good enough and no signs of any talent
When need to scour the country and pick up a solid opener.
Stone an at Surrey? If we have £160k to spend on Overton his wages should not be an issue.
Remember the job Alan Butcher did?
Just a Houston! Wagg is a ptrier but like Maynard was as a player not a role model for youngsters to look up to. Heavy smoker and seen as a loose cannon.
We do not need this sort of player!!!
By glamman
Bubbles wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:21 pm Snouts like thins season has To add Wagg u already been written off.
Why are we then even considering Wag
I do not rate slogger Douthwaite but he must play.
We will end the season with young cricketers not knowing what to do for the best.
HEmphrey must go just not good enough and no signs of any talent
When need to scour the country and pick up a solid opener.
Stone an at Surrey? If we have £160k to spend on Overton his wages should not be an issue.
Remember the job Alan Butcher did?
Just a Houston! Wagg is a ptrier but like Maynard was as a player not a role model for youngsters to look up to. Heavy smoker and seen as a loose cannon.
We do not need this sort of player!!!
Agree about Wagg but he remains in today's squad so am not sure if he is going to get another contract. Douthwaite has not been very effective with bat or ball but is the future.
Just not good enough

I have been a loyal supporter for 50 years and hav[…]

Squad

Disappointing for Hemphrey to see he has been rele[…]

T20 for 2020

The T20 tournament gets underway with a trip to Gl[…]

Slightly odd squad named for final two games. Morg[…]