A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Very surprised to see Smith back already after what appeared to be a significant hamstring tear. I assume if he is fully fit he will play. Morgan and Selman announced as being included in the XI. Hogan and Root omitted. Slightly confusing as Wagg was not in the squad named for the Somerset game.
Means either Carlson, Taylor or Douthwaite will have to make way for Morgan. Smith could come in for Douthwaite and Morgan for Carlson or Taylor. The permutations are endless but one questions if it will make much difference to the outcome. If everyone fit my XI from the 14 is:
Selman
Balbirnie
Cooke
Morgan
Taylor
Douthwaite
Wagg
Smith
Salter
De Lange
Sisodiya

The only question then is the death bowling. It could be De Lange and Wagg but I think we miss Hogan in that role.
By glamman
The XI I predicted. Douthwaite now opening with Selman. Personally I would have moved him down the order and shifted everyone else up. Hopefully Smith not back too soon with his injury record. Shows how keen they are to get him in especially with Lloyd still injured. lloyd's absence is a huge loss for this team. Not expecting a win but hopefully a better performance infront of the cameras.
The batting looks stronger down to De Lange at 10 but still need the top order to get some 30s or 40s and not just Cooke.
By glamman
Blowers wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:28 pm WAGGY HAS BEEN A GOOD SERVANT FOR GLAMMY AND IS A MAYNARD FAVOURITE BUT HIS TIME MUST BE UP.
Was writing my post and then saw this. Last game?
By Bubbles
I think it is about time we showed a bit more faith in our youngsters.
Bowlers must be gutted to not bowl their full quota to watch Wagg give it away.
In hindsight should have bowled De Lange 19th and Smith the 20th.
A bit of light beginning to show so let's show some faith in future sides selected.
Wagging now past it time for youngsters to step up to the plate. :angel: :hug: :clap: :clap:
By glamman
Good recovery from Sisodiya after going for 17 in his opening over.
Douthwaite shouldn’t be bowling in T20. Does not have enough control or pace.
By glamman
My preferred XI assuming Lloyd still unavailable for the next T20 would be:
Selman
Balbirnie
Cooke
Carlson
Taylor
Douthwaite
Smith
Salter
De Lange
Hogan
Sisodiya

Would love Lloyd to come in for Carlson. I just don't see a future for Morgan.
By glamman
Bubbles wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:57 am Is Lukas Carey injured.? If not why play Hogan?
Carey has been in the squad so I assume fit. Certainly an option but there was a post about him moving to Gloucestershire. Beginning to think there might be some truth in it.
Also no sign of Walker. Given we are out of the 4 day competition I would hope to see them playing on Sunday. Not sure they will risk Smith.
Bowling not so much a problem as the batting.
By hujon64
A very good fight back by our bowlers last night but, sadly, have to agree with others that perhaps Wagg needs to make way for others. I think his contract is out this year. I like the look of Taylor who can bat, bowl and is a very good fielder. This season may be different, but we can’t accuse Maynard of not giving the younger element a chance to prove themselves when cuts in players will need to be made. He said as much in his interview. Interested to see who stays and goes!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]