A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Selman comes in for the injured Wagg. Surely he opens with Douthwaite. Hopefully Balbirnie will score some runs.
Maybe see Hogan and Carey for De Lange and TvdG but I guess they like to have De Lange's pace and he bowled fuller yesterday.
The question is whether they will settle for the bowling that gives, with a batsman replacing Wagg. It leaves Salter, Sisodiya, Douthwaite, Taylor and two seamers. They did OK yesterday but Taunton is a tough place to bowl in T20 and I just don't see us scoring enough runs.
By Nick_Glam
Pleased to see Selman back in the squad in this form. He will probably come in for Wagg, but Morgan could also play and bowl an over or two I guess.

Sisodiya has been the big positive so far, and probably deserves to play in the remaining 4 day game. He's certainly offered a lot more than Bull did in his games...
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:17 pm Pleased to see Selman back in the squad in this form. He will probably come in for Wagg, but Morgan could also play and bowl an over or two I guess.

Sisodiya has been the big positive so far, and probably deserves to play in the remaining 4 day game. He's certainly offered a lot more than Bull did in his games...
This is where T20 and red ball cricket are completely different games. Don’t have to turn the ball much in T20 to be effective. I don’t see Sisodiya offering any more than Bull in the 4 day team.
By Nick_Glam
glamman wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:44 am This is where T20 and red ball cricket are completely different games. Don’t have to turn the ball much in T20 to be effective. I don’t see Sisodiya offering any more than Bull in the 4 day team.
Very possibly, but they may well give him a shot.

He couldn't offer any less, and at least he might actually pitch the ball.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:15 am
glamman wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:44 am This is where T20 and red ball cricket are completely different games. Don’t have to turn the ball much in T20 to be effective. I don’t see Sisodiya offering any more than Bull in the 4 day team.
Very possibly, but they may well give him a shot.

He couldn't offer any less, and at least he might actually pitch the ball.
Maybe but will have to bowl very differently in 4 day game. I think they will persevere with Bull as not sure there is any benefit getting Sisodiya to change everything just for one game. Might upset him for the remaining T20s.
By glamman
Same XI (including Wagg). Don't expect any difference in the batting - hope I am wrong. Surprised not to see Selman.
As I type Douthwaite out first ball! Plants his front foot across the strumps and always going to be a lbw casualty. Poor technique.
By caergybi
You spoke to soon. Glamorgan will be lucky to see out the overs and get to 120. Seems a bit unfair to allow them in to this competition as rather cruel.
exileKT8 liked this
By Jenks33
I sound like a broken record but Carlson again! That’s 10 single figure scores in 11 innings this season. I appreciate what you said glamman about persisting with him as we gave him a 3 year contract but it’s getting ridiculous. Take away his 79 vs Worcs and he’s scored 46 in 10 innings. I actually like the kid, he’s shown glimpses of talent but Selman and even Morgan could have been given a go tonight.
By glamman
Problem is there is little else available. Selman has to open but no other options. Morgan would not be someone I would expect to do any more.
Easy for the Somerset bowlers - not put under any pressure.
exileKT8 liked this
By glamman
Jenks33 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:32 pm I sound like a broken record but Carlson again! That’s 10 single figure scores in 11 innings this season. I appreciate what you said glamman about persisting with him as we gave him a 3 year contract but it’s getting ridiculous. Take away his 79 vs Worcs and he’s scored 46 in 10 innings. I actually like the kid, he’s shown glimpses of talent but Selman and even Morgan could have been given a go tonight.
Root and Carlson scored just 5 runs but more importantly took 13 and 12 balls respectively to score them. Root looks no more a T20 batsman than he did last year. The 29 he scored in the first game was off 31 balls, batting in the powerplay.
By Jenks33
glamman wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:55 pm
Jenks33 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:32 pm I sound like a broken record but Carlson again! That’s 10 single figure scores in 11 innings this season. I appreciate what you said glamman about persisting with him as we gave him a 3 year contract but it’s getting ridiculous. Take away his 79 vs Worcs and he’s scored 46 in 10 innings. I actually like the kid, he’s shown glimpses of talent but Selman and even Morgan could have been given a go tonight.
Root and Carlson scored just 5 runs but more importantly took 13 and 12 balls respectively to score them. Root looks no more a T20 batsman than he did last year. The 29 he scored in the first game was off 31 balls, batting in the powerplay.
Yes I noticed the amount of balls they both faced as well. Far too many dot balls. Seems a waste to have Taylor coming in as low as 6. He’s certainly playing with more confidence than Carlson
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]