DL Lloyd
CB Cooke †
CZ Taylor
AG Salter
RAJ Smith
M de Lange
RI Walker
P Sisodiya

The ones left in the squad tomorrow are Cooke, Taylor, Salter, De Lange and Sisodiya. Importantly none of the top 4. No sign of Walker so far this season. He took 3/39 off 4 overs in the game against Hants.

Weather forecast OK so hopefully we will see a good performance even if we don't get the win.
By glamman
Glamorgan very grateful for a 34 ball 50 from Cooke. The only other significant contribution was from Taylor. Would rather see Selman in the opener slot than Root.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:15 pm Another fine effort from Cooke, but not enough support elsewhere.

Pleased to see Sisodiya given a chance today...
My concern with Sisodiya is that from what I have seen he is not a great fielder. Early days bowling in T20, currently with just one wicket for 70 runs with an economy of 8.75. I would expect the Gloucs batsmen to go after him.
By glamman
glamman wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:19 pm
Nick_Glam wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:15 pm Another fine effort from Cooke, but not enough support elsewhere.

Pleased to see Sisodiya given a chance today...
My concern with Sisodiya is that from what I have seen he is not a great fielder. Early days bowling in T20, currently with just one wicket for 70 runs with an economy of 8.75. I would expect the Gloucs batsmen to go after him.
That will improve his economy rate!
By exileKT8
Yes, well done Glammy, A boost to morale and hopefully onwards and upwards. Well done the spinners, good call to use them so much at the start. Hogan injured ?
By hujon64
An enjoyable win watched on the Glos live feed. Thought we had too few but our spinners were superb as was our Captain (again). Good to see Taylor contributing. A real boost to the team and fans. Well done!
By glamman
Guess we will probably see the same XI today although could make a case for swapping De Lange for Hogan or Carey. I am sure Hogan will be wanting to get out there and Seems tough on Carey not to have got on the field yet.
Am not keen on Root and Douthwaite opening but I guess Douthwaite is Maynard's type of player. Unlikely to see change on the back of a win but could open with Balbirnie and Douthwaite and drop Root down, or bring in Morgan (although do not see him offering any more).
Hopefully Lloyd fit soon. Would be nice to have updates about him and Smith.
Just not good enough

I have been a loyal supporter for 50 years and hav[…]

Squad

Disappointing for Hemphrey to see he has been rele[…]

T20 for 2020

The T20 tournament gets underway with a trip to Gl[…]

Slightly odd squad named for final two games. Morg[…]