A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
exileKT8 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:36 pm Doesn`t seem to make much difference whoever is selected
Don’t disagree with the sentiment. We have all said the batting is not up to scratch
By glamman
That last wicket stand was a sight for sore eyes. Many congratulations to Taylor for a standout debut. Makes up for the times we have been on the receiving end of such a partnership.
exileKT8 liked this
By exileKT8
exileKT8 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:36 pm Doesn`t seem to make much difference whoever is selected
Picking Taylor seems to have made a difference.

Inspired selection by MM or 3 games too late. ?

Great batting by the last two or an indictment of what went before.

Whatever, well done Taylor
By Shamu
Well done Taylor and Hogan - but the most woefully inept display of bowling and captaincy I’ve ever witnessed. Decent score on a wicket offering some assistance albeit to Northants 2nd string bowling attack.
By Jenks33
Fantastic innings by Taylor. Another tough day at the office for most of the other batsmen though. Carlson is really struggling. Apart from his 79 against Worcester I think he’s only managed single figure scores in his other 7 innings.
By glamman
Jenks33 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:21 pm Fantastic innings by Taylor. Another tough day at the office for most of the other batsmen though. Carlson is really struggling. Apart from his 79 against Worcester I think he’s only managed single figure scores in his other 7 innings.
Not a number 3
By Nick_Glam
Great stuff from Taylor. As others mentioned, we should have a "free" slot at number 7 next season and hopefully he can prove himself good enough to play there. Much too soon to judge though, obviously.

Slight encouragement that Selman has had a couple of decent scores recently, too. It would take some of the pressure off him if we had a decent opener to bat alongside him.

The Championship side for next season being possibly:

Selman
New opener
Labuschagne
Lloyd
Root
Cooke
Taylor
Smith
TvdG
de Lange
Hogan

Not great, but not too bad.
By Vetchetarian
Congratulations to young Taylor for his first class debut century. He's only the 4th player in Glamorgan's history to achieve that. We all wish him well, and look forward to many, many more.

I didn't see any of his innings, just popping on to the cricinfo site to catch up on the score from time to time. It was the old, old story after a reasonable morning session, and I doubt anyone anticipated the carnage that Taylor and Hogan would inflict on the Northants attack. The 4's and 6's were coming so fast, I thought my computer was playing up. :)

However, the carnival doesn't alter the fact that Glam's batting is, in general terms, still quite abysmal.

You tube recommended a video a few days ago. It contained the highlights of the last day of the Somerset match at Taunton back in that golden year of 1997. Well worth a look see, especially Darren Thomas showing the great
Waqar Younis how to do it. :)
exileKT8 liked this
By Nick_Glam
Hogan probably showing his age a little this morning. Also bowled far too wide.

I think he could still be useful, but only when the conditions provide assistance. He obviously won't be able to play every game next season, so that could be another headache for us.
By djronnieb65
Despite the fantastic innings from Taylor I’m concerned about the failure of the other batsmen to score runs
Watching the live stream this morning the pitch looks a good batting track
Northants don’t seem to be having any problems batting
They could be on their way to a big score
Very worrying to see yet again how we failed yesterday especially as Northants have been getting slaughtered by the other counties so far
Maybe we can unlock some more youngsters to come into the team
We need a good sort out of the current playing staff and get rid of the ones that a failing to perform
By glamman
djronnieb65 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:25 pm Despite the fantastic innings from Taylor I’m concerned about the failure of the other batsmen to score runs
Watching the live stream this morning the pitch looks a good batting track
Northants don’t seem to be having any problems batting
They could be on their way to a big score
Very worrying to see yet again how we failed yesterday especially as Northants have been getting slaughtered by the other counties so far
Maybe we can unlock some more youngsters to come into the team
We need a good sort out of the current playing staff and get rid of the ones that a failing to perform
I have not watched the game live so far but think the conditions were more helpful to the Northants bowling yesterday. Nevertheless our batting needs strengthening as it will be with the return of Lloyd and Labuschagne. Carlson is not a 3. Do not expect to see Brown or Morgan next year and clearly Hemphrey needs to start scoring some runs.
By Nick_Glam
A better effort from the bowlers in the final session, but probably too little too late. Earlier on Hogan bowled too wide and de Lange did indeed bowl too short.

If Bull doesn't have an injury, then it doesn't exactly say a lot for him that he only bowled 5 overs in a lengthy innings.
Squad

Disappointing for Hemphrey to see he has been rele[…]

T20 for 2020

The T20 tournament gets underway with a trip to Gl[…]

Slightly odd squad named for final two games. Morg[…]

Just not good enough

I have been a loyal supporter for 50 years and hav[…]