A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Interesting report from Nick Webb about batting changes. Names mentioned are Callum Taylor, Joe Cooke and Harry Friend. Assume Cooke will come in for Hemphrey and Taylor for Cullen. Not sure where that leaves Brown and Morgan.
Also just seen a tweet from Ed Bevan that Balbirnie has been recruited for the T20s.
By Jenks33
What is our likely T20 line up? Is Ingram available? Salter will obviously come back in. Who will open, Selman and Balbirnie?
By glamman
Jenks33 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:14 pm What is our likely T20 line up? Is Ingram available? Salter will obviously come back in. Who will open, Selman and Balbirnie?
It appears Ingram has not been able to get over to the CPL. Not sure if he can enter UK.

Definitely Salter back. Assume Selman and Balbirnie to open. Smith and Lloyd certainly not available for the start. Assume something like:
Selman
Balbirnie
Carlson
Cooke
Taylor
Wagg
Douthwaite
Salter
TvdG
De Lange
Hogan

Batting certainly a big question mark.
By Jenks33
No Root? He struggled in the T20 last year but I’m not sure we’ve got enough batting to leave him out.
By glamman
Jenks33 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:14 pm No Root? He struggled in the T20 last year but I’m not sure we’ve got enough batting to leave him out.
Not a T20 batsman. Doesn’t matter if you score runs if you don’t do it quickly enough.
By glamman
Jenks33 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:05 am I agree. He really struggled to find the boundary last year. I just can’t see Maynard leaving him out
A number of others played ahead of him last year - Taylor, Morgan. I don't think at the moment he is needed.
By Nick_Glam
I agree with most of the comments about what might be our best teams for next season and for the next Championship game.

Balbirnie looks like a sensible signing, but that batting lineup does indeed still look very weak.
By Nick_Glam
Sounds from Maynard's comments as though Taylor will play in the next game and maybe Joe Cooke as well.

Harry Friend also mentioned as a possibility.

Doesn't really reflect well on any batsman not mentioned who hasn't featured yet.
By Nick_Glam
Cooke and Taylor in the squad as expected. Not exactly a vote of confidence for Carey to be omitted. Hopefully we will pick 3 genuine seamers for this one...
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:25 pm Cooke and Taylor in the squad as expected. Not exactly a vote of confidence for Carey to be omitted. Hopefully we will pick 3 genuine seamers for this one...
Carey hardly had a bad game since he didn't actually play. Not sure how well he was bowling pre season but surely needs a run. As you say - Wagg or Douthwaite must make way if going to play Bull.
Assume Cooke will replace Hemphrey.
By Nick_Glam
74/2 at lunch...somehow.

Credit to Selman for battling through and that is the big positive.

Carlson looked all at sea and it was a miracle that he lasted as long as he did.
T20 for 2020

The T20 tournament gets underway with a trip to Gl[…]

Glam v Worcs

Unbelievable and so exciting. Thought we were down[…]

Squad

Disappointing for Hemphrey to see he has been rele[…]