A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Guess the XI time again. There are a number of players in the squad with a need for new contracts who are very unlikely to be seen in the T20 side who have not featured yet. Therefore, unless the decision about them has already been made, you would assume they need to be seen in these last 3 games. This includes McIlroy, Sisodiya, Brown, Morgan, Joe Cooke, Carey. Of these the ones who are most in need of proving something must be McIlroy, Sisodiya, Brown and Morgan so surely they must be given some opportunity. My team for Saturday would therefore be:
Hemphrey
Brown or Morgan
Carlson
Root
Cooke
Taylor or Cullen
Wagg
Bull
TvdG
McIlroy or Carey
De Lange

I would rather see the younger Douthwaite than Wagg but Douthwaite has not looked great with bat or ball in the first two games. Smith would be in that slot if fit.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:57 pm Only 1 change to the squad with Carey in for Hogan. I hope to see some changes to the team itself though.
Bit disappointed that we won't see any more new faces. Just hope they don't persist with Wagg and Douthwaite as the 3rd and 4th seamers. Assume Carey will replace Hogan and just hope that De Lange replaces one of Wagg or Douthwaite. Taylor is in line for his advanced water carrying certificate.
By Nick_Glam
Of the players in the squad, I would probably go with:

Selman
Hemphrey
Carlson
Root
Cooke
Cullen
Wagg
TvdG
Bull
Carey
de Lange

One of many drawbacks to that team is that apart from Root and Cooke, I would say that every single player has identical batting ability! :lol
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:30 pm Of the players in the squad, I would probably go with:

Selman
Hemphrey
Carlson
Root
Cooke
Cullen
Wagg
TvdG
Bull
Carey
de Lange

One of many drawbacks to that team is that apart from Root and Cooke, I would say that every single player has identical batting ability! :lol
I agree, selecting from the 13. Surely Taylor will come in for the last two games.
By Nick_Glam
A delayed start, but possibly some play in the afternoon.

Could be rain on all 4 days, so might be two games unbeaten for us!

#clutching at straws :)
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:35 am A delayed start, but possibly some play in the afternoon.

Could be rain on all 4 days, so might be two games unbeaten for us!

#clutching at straws :)
Could be a missed opportunity for a convincing win?😄
By Nick_Glam
Credit to the opening batsmen for battling through to lunch. Plenty of luck involved, it has to be said.

I don't agree with picking both all rounders, but a draw is realistically the best we can get for this game so can slightly understand picking a long batting lineup.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:13 pm Credit to the opening batsmen for battling through to lunch. Plenty of luck involved, it has to be said.

I don't agree with picking both all rounders, but a draw is realistically the best we can get for this game so can slightly understand picking a long batting lineup.
Surely need to see a couple of fresh batsmen in the top 6 - Taylor for Cullen and a new opener. Pointless not giving others a chance.
Also not sure why Carey et al all remain on the sidelines. Hardly seem to be using the games to look at players. 13 players in 3 games with one change due to injury.
By Vetchetarian
80 - 5, off 48 overs.

Turgid stuff, about as much fun and entertainment as reading the telephone directory backwards. In fact …. :)

No doubt someone will see a positive , or two, in yet another batting failure.
By glamman
Vetchetarian wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:06 pm 80 - 5, off 48 overs.

Turgid stuff, about as much fun and entertainment as reading the telephone directory backwards. In fact …. :)

No positives. Haven’t been watching but assume pretty bowler-friendly conditions.
By Nick_Glam
glamman wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:20 pm

No positives. Haven’t been watching but assume pretty bowler-friendly conditions.
Very bowler friendly. An awful lot of playing and missing throughout...

I believe Maynard stated before the game that if the batting fails again, that he envisages some changes.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:48 pm
glamman wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:20 pm

Very bowler friendly. An awful lot of playing and missing throughout...

I believe Maynard stated before the game that if the batting fails again, that he envisages some changes.
Good
By Glamorganmorgan
Regardless of what's happening on the field, this stream is very good. Multiple cameras, replays, ball tracking. Must be up there with the best in county cricket? I've seen ODIs with worse offerings than this.
Just not good enough

I have been a loyal supporter for 50 years and hav[…]

Squad

Disappointing for Hemphrey to see he has been rele[…]

T20 for 2020

The T20 tournament gets underway with a trip to Gl[…]

Slightly odd squad named for final two games. Morg[…]