A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
djronnieb65 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:04 pm It’s rather worrying the state of our opening batsmen
Selman although a good fielder, is very hit and miss with his batting
The spine of any cricket team starts with a good pair of openers
Carlson needs to bat lower down the order
It comes to something when a 38 year old has to hold the side together as Wagg did
Wagg should only be used now for the white ball cricket
However Douthwaite who should be the main all rounder in the team doesn’t seem to possess enough talent to progress in that position
Unfortunately without Marnus we look a very poor side which badly needs some strengthening
The only real high spot for me was the great display of batting and wicket keeping by our skipper Cooke
What class player he turned out to be
He has always looked the part especially on the one dayers but he has proved himself to be even better in red ball cricket
A real shining light on a poor season so far
Personally I think if Smith was fit he could fill the all rounder position given the opportunity
By exileKT8
I did post on here when Selman was signed that when asked, in the opinion of a player then on the fringes of Kent 2nd XI, was that as far as Kent were concerned he was not a County first team player. He was probably a cheaper option and worth a punt but time is running out. I recall he had a couple of decent innings at the end of the T20. He did better than some others flown in at greater expense.

Hemphrey has a regular Queensland place in red ball which you would think should be a level above County Championship Div 2. Perhaps he needs his Queensland mate at the other end.

Agree MM needs to utilise contacts in County game to get us an opener. Libby would have been a good signing. It won`t be popular on here but get someone on loan from a Div 1 team.
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:52 pm Lot of people praising Cooke. Are these the same people who blame his return to the team after injury last season for subsequent poor performances? :) :) :) :)
Last season was just that --- last season. Get over it.
By Vetchetarian
Nick_Glam wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:52 am Indeed.

While they may have been wary about the wicket, they also should have been aware of how weak our batting line-up is.
No need to be wary of Glamorgan's batters. Worcestershire missed a trick, and they are probably wishing they could replay that decision.
Squad

Disappointing for Hemphrey to see he has been rele[…]

T20 for 2020

The T20 tournament gets underway with a trip to Gl[…]

Slightly odd squad named for final two games. Morg[…]

Just not good enough

I have been a loyal supporter for 50 years and hav[…]