A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Nick_Glam
Interesting to see TvdG back in the squad for this one...

I would hope to see more than one change and maybe Taylor given a chance to give us more balance.

Worcestershire whacked Gloucester last week and will probably be favourites and we need a big improvement.
By glamman
Yes - TvdG replaces Smith.
Will be an interesting selection. Not sure about Douthwaite and Wagg in the team unless Douthwaite is considered one of the top 6 batsmen available. Would like to see Taylor given a chance. Is a bit tough on Carlson who I do not see as a 3. Joe Cooke is used to opening and could have come in. Also bowls a bit so could have replaced Douthwaite or Wagg.
Whoever plays I wish them luck. You cannot overestimate it's importance.
By exileKT8
Most Counties on the evidence of one round of fixtures are using these games to give younger players an opportunity to develop. It would be good if Glammy followed suite. I doubt many sides had an higher average age than ours.

If Walker is an England u19 then lets have a look at him. Great shame about Smith. Play Carey ahead of De Lange and Hogan or do they want to give them game time before T20. I repeat other Counties seem to be resting (perhaps not paying) their EUs / Kolpaks / overseas.

Carlson deserves another shot, in the absence of alternatives tell him he is going to have a run at no 3, now Stone is injured hopefully other bowling attacks in the rest of this tournament won`t be quite as strong as Somerset.

Nick, don`t think there is any probably about Worcs being favourites. I will be surprised if they are much less than the 4/11 quoted for Somerset.
By Nick_Glam
exileKT8 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:41 pm Most Counties on the evidence of one round of fixtures are using these games to give younger players an opportunity to develop. It would be good if Glammy followed suite. I doubt many sides had an higher average age than ours.

If Walker is an England u19 then lets have a look at him. Great shame about Smith. Play Carey ahead of De Lange and Hogan or do they want to give them game time before T20. I repeat other Counties seem to be resting (perhaps not paying) their EUs / Kolpaks / overseas.

Carlson deserves another shot, in the absence of alternatives tell him he is going to have a run at no 3, now Stone is injured hopefully other bowling attacks in the rest of this tournament won`t be quite as strong as Somerset.

Nick, don`t think there is any probably about Worcs being favourites. I will be surprised if they are much less than the 4/11 quoted for Somerset.
True. With our current batting line-up we will realistically be underdogs for each game.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:00 am
exileKT8 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:41 pm Most Counties on the evidence of one round of fixtures are using these games to give younger players an opportunity to develop. It would be good if Glammy followed suite. I doubt many sides had an higher average age than ours.

True. With our current batting line-up we will realistically be underdogs for each game.
Most teams will have a couple of batsmen who you would expect to score some runs. Difficult to see who those are in the Glamorgan XI. Batting remains a problem and tough for Carlson coming back into the team after a poor 2019 season, being given the 3 slot when his game is not really suited to that position.
By Nick_Glam
Cullen and TvdG come in for de Lange and Smith.

We look weak in terms of both batting and bowling to me. Hope they prove me wrong.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:50 am Cullen and TvdG come in for de Lange and Smith.

We look weak in terms of both batting and bowling to me. Hope they prove me wrong.
I tend to agree. We have gone from 3 reasonably potnet bowlers to just 2. Wagg and Douthwaite in particular looked pretty innocuous last week and Bulkl needs to improve.
Taylor got the build up before the Somerest game but is still carrying the drinks???

Hopefully Hogan and TvdG can take all 10 wickets in their opening spells as Hogan gets Mitchell with his 4th ball.
By glamman
Support the inclusion of another batsman but surely needed Carey, Walker or McIlroy rather than Wagg.

I will be very unimpressed if Wagg plays in the last 3 games, blocking the opportunity to see other young pace bowlers when we have no chance of qualifying for the final.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:56 pm Well done to Hogan again, but a bit worrying that we are so dependant on a player of his age.
The team selection makes us dependent on him. TvdG playing his first game and the other 3 bowlers looking less than threatening. Any of Carey, Walker of McIlroy would have taken some of the strain off Hogan.
By Nick_Glam
glamman wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:04 pm
The team selection makes us dependent on him. TvdG playing his first game and the other 3 bowlers looking less than threatening. Any of Carey, Walker of McIlroy would have taken some of the strain off Hogan.
True, but we were dependant on him last season as well. The gulf between him and the other seamers was immense.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:27 pm
glamman wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:04 pm
True, but we were dependant on him last season as well. The gulf between him and the other seamers was immense.
Not helped by injuries last season- TvdG and Smith in particular
By glamman
Heard there has been another drop since lunch. Anyone have details as I missed it?
By exileKT8
D`Olivera like others in the County game seems to enjoy playing against the Daffodil. Accompanied by ex an Cardiff student ?
T20 for 2020

The T20 tournament gets underway with a trip to Gl[…]

Glam v Worcs

Unbelievable and so exciting. Thought we were down[…]

Squad

Disappointing for Hemphrey to see he has been rele[…]