A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By hujon64
I asked for information on here a while ago regarding the above youngster as he had been mentioned to me and received very complimentary replies. To sign him for 5 years at the age of 16 is a huge commitment so he must be seen as an outstanding prospect. However, I trust Maynard and Wallace to see outstanding potential. Wallace himself started his first team career at 17, I believe, and was behind the stumps for about 20 years so the lad will undoubtedly benefit from his experience, guidance, knowledge and, possibly, coaching. With Cooke in his mid 30s the opportunities for the youngster are great. I wish him every success and shall watch his progress with great interest.
By glamman
hujon64 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:51 am I asked for information on here a while ago regarding the above youngster as he had been mentioned to me and received very complimentary replies. To sign him for 5 years at the age of 16 is a huge commitment so he must be seen as an outstanding prospect. However, I trust Maynard and Wallace to see outstanding potential. Wallace himself started his first team career at 17, I believe, and was behind the stumps for about 20 years so the lad will undoubtedly benefit from his experience, guidance, knowledge and, possibly, coaching. With Cooke in his mid 30s the opportunities for the youngster are great. I wish him every success and shall watch his progress with great interest.
I guess this is an attempt to prevent other counties stepping in. However contracts aren't always secure. If he is as good as they say I am sure other counties will be looking. Hopefully he'll be able to keep his feet on the ground. Am a bit worried by the haircut.
By hujon64
I suppose we should have an air of caution. I remember all the accolades Aneurin Donald received at around the same age and, although he seems to be doing well at Hampshire (currently injured I believe) he never fulfilled his promise at Glamorgan. Also, Adam Harrison, brother of David, who had an injury very early in his career and had to retire. Remember the many hairstyles Kevin Peterson (can’t work out spelling) had! Hopefully the experience of Maynard, Wallace and Shaw and a conditioning coach will keep him fit and grounded.
By Bubbles
Have watched since he was around 13. He must get opportunities not left to second team cricket. There is also a boy Callum Nicholls who must not go under the radar. Let's learn from other counties and get them involved, :evillaugh:
Somerset

The visitors win the toss, as they would! Glover,[…]

Worcestershire

Interesting to see TvdG back in the squad for this[…]