A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By hujon64
Given the current situation, is anyone else very concerned about the survival of ‘lesser’ Clubs such as Glamorgan, Gloucester, etc? Glamorgan now rely very heavily on revenue from internationals and the many concerts, dinners, functions, outside meetings, etc that they seem to run very successfully, alongside letting of sports facilities. Will the fact that a large amount of money goes to the separate Cricket Wales be a factor, also? Hope everyone is staying safe.
By exileKT8
Hi Hujon, hope you are in good health these days. Are Glammy a lesser Club off the field ? We have a ground used for Tests, LOIs and were one of the centres for The Hundred. Does this give us an advantage over others Northants, Leics Worcs etc ? HM was very keen for The Hundred to go ahead after others were suggesting cancellation.

Who knows what the Sporting Landscape will look like in the short, medium and long term. HM rightly plays the finance cards close to his chest, anyone else on here with an inside knowledge of the situation at Glammy ? I see we were one of the first to take advantage of the Furlong scheme. i notice other counties have cancelled their overseas for this summer. We cling on to Marnus. Thoughts ?

Stay safe.
By hujon64
Thank you ExileKT8 for reply. Not enjoying lack of sport like so many others. I believe Labuschagne is contracted for 2 seasons so I don’t suppose they cancel it, just renegotiate. Others on here may be able to shed light on finances after the forum they had recently where I presume it was mentioned. On the pessimistic side I suppose Clubs could amalgamate but, perhaps, being a centre for 100 next year will be a plus. Difficult times on so many fronts. Stay safe everyone.
By Nick_Glam
Hopefully the county can survive if some belt tightening is done.

I know the suggestion has been made by some that counties should go without an overseas player, and I guess we may need to have a smaller squad of domestic players as well.
Somerset

The visitors win the toss, as they would! Glover,[…]

Worcestershire

Interesting to see TvdG back in the squad for this[…]