A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:51 pm Is there any indication yet about whether the games are likely to be shown live on the website?
I assume as with 4 day games generally there will be radio commentray tied into live feed from fixed cameras.
Nick_Glam liked this
By Nick_Glam
glamman wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:09 pm
Nick_Glam wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:51 pm Is there any indication yet about whether the games are likely to be shown live on the website?
I assume as with 4 day games generally there will be radio commentray tied into live feed from fixed cameras.
Ah, I see from a Tweet by Nick Webb that they hope to video stream one of the intra-squad games, so that seems to bode well for the genuine matches.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:13 am
glamman wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:09 pm

Ah, I see from a Tweet by Nick Webb that they hope to video stream one of the intra-squad games, so that seems to bode well for the genuine matches.
I would hope that by 1 Aug the ECB will have sorted out allowing at least members to go to watch live cricket. Morris was talking about thanking members for their support. Now it is time to put that thanks into actions.
By glamman
I have just read that some spectators will be allowed to watch day 2 of Warwickshire's upcoming friendly with Worcestershire at Edgbaston on July 28.
By glamman
Not a great draw for Glammie supporters should spectators be allowed. Only 2 home games and Gloucestershire at home rather than in Bristol which would have been a short visit.
By Nick_Glam
Somerset's website is promising new improved video coverage with 6 cameras, slow-motion and replays. We will have to see how well it actually works when the season begins.

The intra-squad games are obviously more for fitness than anything else, but positive to see that several of our batsmen have got decent scores (admittedly only against our bowlers so it hardly counts! :) ). I think Carlson has the biggest score so far, so may push himself into contention to play when the mini-season starts.
By Nick_Glam
With Lloyd and TvdG out injured, we will have a fairly weak team for the start of the mini-season (especially the batting). I guess it may give other players a chance to earn a contract though...
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:55 pm With Lloyd and TvdG out injured, we will have a fairly weak team for the start of the mini-season (especially the batting). I guess it may give other players a chance to earn a contract though...
Had noticed Lloyd's absence but not TvdG's this week. I think there is enough seam bowling for TvdG's absence to be of minimal impact (he hardly played last year) but Lloyd's injury is a big blow. Fractured foot must mean that he won't play this season. Always told as a kid to stop the ball with your hands and not your foot.
By glamman
Edgbaston and The Oval to allow spectators this week end. I thought the trials were last week end - did anyone come to harm?
Somerset

The visitors win the toss, as they would! Glover,[…]

Worcestershire

Interesting to see TvdG back in the squad for this[…]