A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By exileKT8
In accordance with Glammy`s usual luck with Overseas ironic that Balbirnie had now had two good knocks v SA.
By glamman
Walker with 4/38 for the 2s today. No idea why he has not featured more this season, especially in Championship cricket.
By glamman
Following the announcement of Neser's recruitment, the need for more seam bowlers seems questionable. At present, contracts for next season are in place for Neser, Carey, Hogan, Weighell and Douthwaite. That leaves TvdG, Walker, Smith and McIlroy. I guess there might be a question as to whether TvdG is looking elsewhere. He is playing forthe Trent Rockets in the Hundred and I have no idea whether a Midlands county might have approached him. Clearly if he was not retained it would be sensible to get a replacement. Of the others, I would rather have any of them ahead of Carey or Weighell so it would seem a bit harsh if they are not offered another contract. I have just seen that Smith is back in the squad for tomorrow. I had not realised he had been playing again but hope he can stay fit for the remainder of the season. Interesting to see if Neser gets a run.
By glamman
Further evidence tonight to support the question: "Why has Walker not played any Championship cricket?"
By Jenks33
15/20 more than I was hoping somerset were going to get when they were 97 for 4. Uncharacteristically poor figures from TVDG. Walker bowled well
By glamman
Jenks33 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:58 pm 15/20 more than I was hoping somerset were going to get when they were 97 for 4. Uncharacteristically poor figures from TVDG. Walker bowled well
TvdG has historically been a bit hit or miss. However that probably goes for even the best bowlers in T20.
By Jenks33
glamman wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:10 pm
Jenks33 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:58 pm 15/20 more than I was hoping somerset were going to get when they were 97 for 4. Uncharacteristically poor figures from TVDG. Walker bowled well
TvdG has historically been a bit hit or miss. However that probably goes for even the best bowlers in T20.
I was basing it more on this season. He’s impressed me in all formats this season and it’s unlike him to go for more than 10 an over
By glamman
The fact Root is coming in at 5, who has not shown anything in T20 since being at Glamorgan, sums up the batting problems we have.
By glamman
Surely Neser instead of Ingram on Sunday???
By Jenks33
Another embarrassing night for us in T20 cricket. Too many of those in the past couple of years
By glamman
Jenks33 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:50 pm Another embarrassing night for us in T20 cricket. Too many of those in the past couple of years
Batting resources very limited. We have another season of Ingram!
By djronnieb65
Not good enough again tonight
We have lost 8 from 11 completed matches
On paper the side looks reasonably competitive
However, thats where it ends
There seems to be no game plan and I was surprised that Douthwaite bowled so early in the innings
Ingram flattered to deceive again
You have to look at the coaching side of the club as that seems weaker than the team at the moment
The team not won a bag of sweets since 2004 and have finished nearer bottom (sometimes bottom )ever since
Disgraceful record that needs to be addressed asap
Jehosaphat liked this
By Vetchetarian
djronnieb65 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:21 pm Not good enough again tonight
We have lost 8 from 11 completed matches
On paper the side looks reasonably competitive
However, thats where it ends
There seems to be no game plan and I was surprised that Douthwaite bowled so early in the innings
Ingram flattered to deceive again
You have to look at the coaching side of the club as that seems weaker than the team at the moment
The team not won a bag of sweets since 2004 and have finished nearer bottom (sometimes bottom )ever since
Disgraceful record that needs to be addressed asap
I'm not sure how the " disgraceful record " can be addressed withoug a major overhaul from top to bottom, and that is not going to happen.
By Shamu
glamman wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:53 pm Further evidence tonight to support the question: "Why has Walker not played any Championship cricket?"
Completely different skill set.
How does Walker play in the best Championship team ?
Nesser, Hogan TVG pick themselves, adding Walker as fourth seamer makes batting tail too long.

He will get his opportunity in September with Nesser having departed and nothing left on the games.
By Neverout
Difficult to see who would instigate a "total overhaul", particularly at the moment. The chief executive, director of cricket and head coach are all AWOL carrying out duties for the Hundred franchise , which a cynical man might see as their next lifeboat should a review ever take place.

The constant management appointments from within the "circle of friends " including some of the cricket appointments as well, illustrates that no-one at the club welcomes any kind of scrutiny or performance evaluation.

Despite having struck lucky with Labuschange ( bringing Neser with him) they have squandered the advantage and goodwill with a slew of poor signings, at a time when there are dozens of journeyman professionals seeking contracts.

The Covid difficulties have camouflaged the ineptitude of the current regime. Imagine the financial consequences had we had been relying on good crowds for the T20 given the abject performances.

I don't think Carlson opening is a solution and worry it may detract from his championship form in time.
exileKT8 liked this
Squad

Disappointing for Hemphrey to see he has been rele[…]

THE HUNDRED

Delighted to see that we are trying out the captai[…]

Royal London

A new competition and hopefully better fortune. We[…]

Royal London 50 Over Competition

Starts tomorrow v Glamorgan.