A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Nick_Glam
Slightly surprised to see us giving Weighell a two-year deal, especially as he has had plenty of injuries throughout his career.

If he stays fit, he could be a useful addition though.
By Glamorganmorgan
Seems to be getting rave reviews from his former Durham teammates... hopefully a sign of quality both on- and off- the field.
By glamman
Official confirmation that Hemphrey has been released. Unfortunate for him that he has fallen foul of the new regulations. Not a lot else that could have been done once the ECB had made their decision. My understanding is that he will be England-qualified next season, although not sure if that was dependent on him living back here.
By RJ89
It must be tough to get released and can't be easy for openers having to open the batting in all those games crammed into damp Aprils? Thanks for all your efforts Charlie and best of luck.

That seems to leave Lloyd, Cooke and Selman to open then? I am thoroughly enjoying watching Lloyd's successes as an opener so far on the live streams and isn't it good to see Cooke, Root and Carlson in the runs too? - The make up of a potent and settled batting line-up it seems?

I am further encouraged to have Neser and Marnus available and Hogan going as well as ever.

I guess Neser will play for Harris and that TVG and Hogan would make up the first choice seam attack when not rested? I think that there is plenty of batting there but that there are potentially 2 spots available, and that we have strong competition for them. I figure that these are probably unlikely to go to the spinners early on in the season and it appears that Taylor and Douthwaite are the men of the moment?

What do others think?
By glamman
As you say, great to see Lloyd doing so well at the top of the order. Not changed his game too much so needs a bit of luck and hopefully will learn no to chase wide ones early on.
Middle order looks strong and with Neser coming in we bat long. I would see the first choice seam attack of being him, Hogan, TvdG and Smith. Unfortunate that the wash out of the 2nd XI game this week has meant that Smith has not been able to prove his fitness. If he had then might have allowed Hogan to play this week and rest next week?
By glamman
Not sure what happened to Shamu's negative post?
By RJ89
I have not seen Smith play but understand that he is perhaps the quickest of our bowlers?
Looks like Salter has come in for this one though, which gives 4 spin options and means that we do bat very very deep. 4 possible spinners and 4 regular seamers in the side.
By glamman
Playing Salter and winning the toss seems to have worked out well if the pitch starts to turn. Wonder if Smith will be released to play for St Fagans on Saturday?
By glamman
Some great news for Glamorgan, although not so good for Labuschagne or Neser, is that they are stuck in Cardiff and cannot go on Australia tours this summer because of COVID. Makes a change for us to get a bit of luck in respect to overseas players.
By Sir_Wellsmote
wouldn't mind if they got stuck for the next 4 years or so ....

having said that, we are apparently blessed with plenty of number 3 batsmen to take labuschagne's place
By Vetchetarian
Sir_Wellsmote wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:07 pm wouldn't mind if they got stuck for the next 4 years or so ....

having said that, we are apparently blessed with plenty of number 3 batsmen to take labuschagne's place
Well, there could be a surfeit of ducks available for the near future then. Makes a change from chicken and turkey. 😁
By glamman
No word about the status of Ingram. Haven’t heard that he is already here and currently S Africa on red list so he cannot travel from there to the UK. I guess he could try and go via another allowed country where he would need to stay for 10 days. Personally I am happy to have Neser playing in T20s. He’s not going anywhere now.
By Vetchetarian
Lloyd not included in England squad for upcoming New Zealand tests. No surprise there, then.
By glamman
Good to see the 2nd team at last getting some cricket today. Have given up on 4 day game and playing a couple of T20s. Currently 62/2 off 7.5 chasing 133.
By glamman
Looking at the 2 games in our group that started today, both teams that won the toss and batted first are in serious trouble: Yorks 57/7 against Lancs and Sussex 67/7 against Northants.
T20

Couple of 2nd XI games today and tomorrow. Might b[…]

T20 2021

We get underway in front of the cameras v Worcs on[…]