A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By JamesH
80 and out for Nicholls. Perhaps started playing some big shots a little too early but excellent to see him score some runs. I'm sure next time he's in that position he'll make sure he gets to three figures.

Horton has not scored many runs this season following his five year contract, but then he's 17 and I am not overly concerned. As long as they get plenty of opportunity to test themselves at a high standard of cricket I'm sure we will see them and others in the main squad before long.
By Glammerup
Hi all. I’ve just been told that Walker will not feature again for us this season because he has signed for another county? Anyone have any more news on this? Would be a big loss. He looks out brightest young bowling prospect. I hope we haven’t sacrificed signing Walker to sign Harris!
By Shamu
Pray for Glamman - Smith, Walker - over to you Tegid !
By glamman
Given the way he was treated at the beginning of the season, in and out of the Championship squad without getting a game, I don't blame him. Certainly a better option than Carey or Weighell. Good luck to him. If we lose him and TvdG then there needs to be questions asked. With Hogan coming to the end and Harris not looking a great threat on the basis of what we saw when he returned, the bowling resources look very thin again.
By Neverout
Took a little Sunday jaunt out to Abergavenny yesterday to watch the Wales National County , (formerly minor county) , side. How I miss the county games up there and at Pontypridd.

Saw a lovely batsman's hundred from Waggy with only a couple of big hits in it. Sadly he was playing for Shropshire.

I was disappointed to see so many faces in the W.N.C. side who have been looked at by Glamorgan over the years and discarded for one reason or another ( Muji Ilyas, Greg Holmes, Keiran Bull, Cameron Herring and Connor Brown who was supposed to play).

I understood this side to be a part of the development pathway under the supervision of another of the friends and former colleagues cabal , Darren Thomas. It is difficult to see the value to Glamorgan of a side stuffed with already assessed and discarded players.
By glamman
Neverout wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:27 am Took a little Sunday jaunt out to Abergavenny yesterday to watch the Wales National County , (formerly minor county) , side. How I miss the county games up there and at Pontypridd.

Saw a lovely batsman's hundred from Waggy with only a couple of big hits in it. Sadly he was playing for Shropshire.

I was disappointed to see so many faces in the W.N.C. side who have been looked at by Glamorgan over the years and discarded for one reason or another ( Muji Ilyas, Greg Holmes, Keiran Bull, Cameron Herring and Connor Brown who was supposed to play).

I understood this side to be a part of the development pathway under the supervision of another of the friends and former colleagues cabal , Darren Thomas. It is difficult to see the value to Glamorgan of a side stuffed with already assessed and discarded players.
Guess they want a mix so they are competitive. Some new names in WNC team compared with the earlier part of the season, as some already called into Glamorgan squad.
By glamman
Harris on a 3 year contract. Hope he performs better than Weighell.
By Shamu
glamman wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:58 pm Harris on a 3 year contract. Hope he performs better than Weighell.
I’m sure he can rely on your unwavering support - albeit, being over the age of 21, I somehow doubt it and you’ll soon be calling for his replacement from the local leagues.
By glamman
Shamu wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:06 pm
glamman wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:58 pm Harris on a 3 year contract. Hope he performs better than Weighell.
I’m sure he can rely on your unwavering support - albeit, being over the age of 21, I somehow doubt it and you’ll soon be calling for his replacement from the local leagues.
If he performs then great. Won't be able to argue with the figures. However I not interested in figures from the past. It's what players have to offer in the future that matters.
By Shamu
Ah, now I see.
You’d prefer untried novices and hope they come good as opposed to proven performers.

Thank God you’re nowhere near a Director of Cricket role - despite your aspirations and protestations.
By glamman
Shamu wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:33 pm Ah, now I see.
You’d prefer untried novices and hope they come good as opposed to proven performers.

Thank God you’re nowhere near a Director of Cricket role - despite your aspirations and protestations.
Why have old players who aren't performing? Expensive and taking us nowhere - Weighell has done a great job! I am concerned Harris is past his best but if I am wrong then great!
By glamman
Neverout wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:27 am Took a little Sunday jaunt out to Abergavenny yesterday to watch the Wales National County , (formerly minor county) , side. How I miss the county games up there and at Pontypridd.

Herring with 110 and Bull with 95* today.
By Shamu
[/quote]
Herring with 110 and Bull with 95* today.
[/quote]

Neither cut it at first class cricket - so, why do they get a mention ?

Даже интересно, подтвердятся ли слухи о возвращени[…]