A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Nick_Glam
What was the name of the teenage batsman who Maynard mentioned earlier in the season?

I want to say Harry Field, but I think he was a character in Inspector Morse! :doh:
hujon64 liked this
By hujon64
Nick_Glam

Harry Friend, a pupil at Monmouth School, I think. Steve James tweeted this morning that 4 boys from there are playing for the Glamorgan Academy in a game shortly - I think Steve James coaches there (as an ex pupil???) and at the Glamorgan Academy so, with Maynard, would expect high class Level 4 coaching from those two batting internationals and Wallace, another Level 4 on the wicket-keeping. Hopefully, we will reap some rewards in a few year’s time but patience needed to give the youngsters and coaches a chance. Enjoy following the up and coming youngsters but not sure who’s in the Academy.
Nick_Glam liked this
By Ger27
Is it the case that all counties will be operating with smaller squads next year? If so, I guess the knock-on impact on the Second XI championship is that it will be played by teams with a lower average age than has previously been the case.

I'm guessing that Glamorgan's Second XI will have been quite a bit older than it's opposition in previous years - may not be the case next year, which I don't think is a bad thing. Wouldn't you want to be in a position where half of your second XI are still in their teens, or is the gulf in class between age grade and 2nd XI cricket too big?
By glamman
Ger27 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:07 pm Is it the case that all counties will be operating with smaller squads next year? If so, I guess the knock-on impact on the Second XI championship is that it will be played by teams with a lower average age than has previously been the case.

I'm guessing that Glamorgan's Second XI will have been quite a bit older than it's opposition in previous years - may not be the case next year, which I don't think is a bad thing. Wouldn't you want to be in a position where half of your second XI are still in their teens, or is the gulf in class between age grade and 2nd XI cricket too big?
The 2nd team has been quite young over the last few years with a mix of squad players, triallists and youngsters eg Horton was playing last year. Will be the same next year although with fewer squad players.
Just not good enough

I have been a loyal supporter for 50 years and hav[…]

Squad

Disappointing for Hemphrey to see he has been rele[…]

T20 for 2020

The T20 tournament gets underway with a trip to Gl[…]

Slightly odd squad named for final two games. Morg[…]