A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Vetchetarian
Bubbles wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:38 pm Is it any wonder that there are so few people that post on this website?
A forum is a site where you can post within reason your thoughts on Glamorgan and cricket in Wales. Come on guys say what you think! The self appointed forum police will have their say and highlight every word that they wish but if you say what you think brilliant. Let's make this forum fun!
It's boring reading 23 for 1 or 46 for 4. Let's have a laugh. We all love Glammy but really do have to endure some poor cricket and we must feel free to air our thoughts but please do not become abusive or face the wrath! Happy end of season and hope you all winter well! :drunk: :dance: :evillaugh:
Well said.

Sadly, " some people " simply do not have a sense of humour, and, like common sense, you either have it, or you don't. Supermarkets don't stock them, so there is no respite from their misery.
They probably had a sense of humour bypass at birth. The harder you try to infuse some humour into their miserable lives, the worst they get. It's all so alien to them. They tend to bring their surroundings down to their level, but I resist with my every breath.

I'm addicted to laughter. It's SO therapeutic. The ability to laugh at one self is a real gift. My cupboard is full of gifts. :) :) :)
By Nick_Glam
What was it that Dame Edna once said to Jeffrey Archer, "If you can't laugh at yourself you might be missing the joke of the century."

:lol
By Nick_Glam
A shame that we couldn't at least get a full day's play today, but never mind. It's been a decent season...

Now all attention shifts to the rugby. :)
By Ger27
I know it's a only tiny chance of promotion, but the one scenario that is remotely likely:

1) Glocs losing and pick up just 3 bonus points (currently 39/4)

2) Glam & Durham manufacture a game, with Glam winning and getting 3 bonus points along the way.

That would leave Glam and Glocs on 179 points & same amounts of wins. Glam would be promoted on the count of having won more points in the two games between Glam & Glocs!
Nick_Glam liked this
By Nick_Glam
Interesting selection to pick all 4 seamers. Obviously hoping to blast them out quickly today.
By glamman
Ger27 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:41 am I know it's a only tiny chance of promotion, but the one scenario that is remotely likely:

1) Glocs losing and pick up just 3 bonus points (currently 39/4)

2) Glam & Durham manufacture a game, with Glam winning and getting 3 bonus points along the way.

That would leave Glam and Glocs on 179 points & same amounts of wins. Glam would be promoted on the count of having won more points in the two games between Glam & Glocs!
Just hope the difference is not the one point we lost because of a slow over rate.
By glamman
Gloucs 76/6 with 2 run outs so Northants seem to be doing their best to aid us, with a bit of help from Gloucs.
By bobbly4
The key match for me in the chase for promotion was the away game v Worcestershire. They really should have won that one!
By Nick_Glam
Hogan showing his class again with 3 of the first 5.

The contrast between his figures and those of de Lange tell one of the stories of the season.
By caergybi
143-5 now but forecast tomorrow not good so looking at a three day game.
By glamman
Given that we need a win you might expect there to be a bit more urgency to get as many overs as possible in today.
By Nick_Glam
Very little chance of a result now and today illustrates the bowling problem we have had all season. Hogan has been great, but none of the other bowlers have performed consistently. De Lange will be fortunate to get a new contract.

I can't say missing out on promotion will be a big disappointment as we would probably be pulverized every week in Division One. We've certainly improved this season, but not that much.
By johnwales
Nick_Glam wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:10 am A shame that we couldn't at least get a full day's play today, but never mind. It's been a decent season...

Now all attention shifts to the rugby. :)
Does any one know a decent Welsh rugby forum; the scrum room which I used to use has now closed down.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:47 pm Very little chance of a result now and today illustrates the bowling problem we have had all season. Hogan has been great, but none of the other bowlers have performed consistently. De Lange will be fortunate to get a new contract.

I can't say missing out on promotion will be a big disappointment as we would probably be pulverized every week in Division One. We've certainly improved this season, but not that much.
I would suggest finishing 4th is a big improvement.
By Nick_Glam
glamman wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:16 am
I would suggest finishing 4th is a big improvement.
Of course. But not enough to compete in Division One unless we strengthen considerably.

I've just come across this - which might interest […]