A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:04 am
Nick_Glam wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:03 pm Dare I say it, a captain's innings from Cooke. :lol
The complaints about Cooke coming straight back from his injury were always a nonsense and just reflected some people's rather odd understanding of the professional game.
" some people ".

That sounds like a strike in my direction. What's the matter, don't you have the guts to say so ?

Clearly, " some "( other )" people " don't understand the notion of posting on an open forum. It's all about opinions, and yours isn't the only one in town. So get over yourself.

All opinions are equally valid, as long as they are free of insults, abuse, and innuendos.

If I am the ONLY person to hold a position, then that doesn't invalidate it, or phase me. In fact, I often do that to stimulate debate. This place gets numbingly boring if everyone agrees with you.

It seems to me that perhaps you need to garner some " understanding " that " some people " are just different.

A sense of humour always helps, I think. Sadly, not everyone has one. :)
By Nick_Glam
Isn't there some military quote that goes along the lines of, "Before you go into battle, make sure you are fighting the right enemy." As this is one of the only active threads on the board, it would perhaps be better if fans didn't squabble among themselves and attempt to drive others away? Just a thought.

Especially as we have had two such positive days. We are still very far from the perfect side, but a really good team effort. Kudos to the management as well for the signings of Brathwaite and Patel.
By glamman
Vetchetarian wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:38 am
Nick_Glam wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:03 pm Dare I say it, a captain's innings from Cooke. :lol
The complaints about Cooke coming straight back from his injury were always a nonsense and just reflected some people's rather odd understanding of the professional game.
" some people ".

That sounds like a strike in my direction. What's the matter, don't you have the guts to say so ?

Clearly, " some "( other )" people " don't understand the notion of posting on an open forum. It's all about opinions, and yours isn't the only one in town. So get over yourself.

All opinions are equally valid, as long as they are free of insults, abuse, and innuendos.

If I am the ONLY person to hold a position, then that doesn't invalidate it, or phase me. In fact, I often do that to stimulate debate. This place gets numbingly boring if everyone agrees with you.

It seems to me that perhaps you need to garner some " understanding " that " some people " are just different.

My complaint was the attack on Cooke for coming back, which was unwarranted and lacked understanding. It was the correct decision. The losses that followed were not due to his replacement of Lloyd as captain and Cullen as keeper.
By JamesH
Morning all, nice to be back after the summer holidays. Thoroughly looking forward to the last two Leics batsmen putting on a 100 run stand this morning...
Couple of positives, good to see us score 400+ even if on a flat deck and nice to know we can do it without Labuschagne. Also, looks to me as though Smith has put on a good yard of pace? I'm sure he never used to be as quick as he's bowled over the last couple of games...
Anyway, hopefully we break this last wicket partnership sharpish and build a big lead. Should be able to skittle them tomorrow on a last day pitch with 2 spinners.
By Nick_Glam
A frustrating start to the morning, but we are still in a good position to build a sizeable lead during the afternoon session.

I quite enjoy watching Brathwaite batting. Entertainingly obdurate. :yes: Will have to see how much he can accelerate later on though...
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:39 pm A frustrating start to the morning, but we are still in a good position to build a sizeable lead during the afternoon session.

I quite enjoy watching Brathwaite batting. Entertainingly obdurate. :yes: Will have to see how much he can accelerate later on though...
Frustrating doesn't come close :) :)
By johnwales
An almost certain victory tomorrow , followed by a possible one against Durham will complete what has been a very successful season in real cricket.

It is a pity we cannot sign someone of the calibre of Chris Gayle or Dave Warner for the Bash next season; because the 20 over games are won and lost in the first 5.
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:06 am
Vetchetarian wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:38 am

" some people ".

My complaint was the attack on Cooke for coming back, which was unwarranted and lacked understanding. It was the correct decision. The losses that followed were not due to his replacement of Lloyd as captain and Cullen as keeper.
Now who's talking " nonsense "?

There was no attack on Cooke by me, or anyone else. My comment at the time was aimed at the establishment, those who selected the team.

My recollection is that under Lloyd's captaincy, with Cullen performing admirably behind the stumps, the team sat at the top of the table. They are now mid table, holding on to the hope that a miracle will happen. I don't believe in miracles, and they won't be promoted.
We will never know what would have happened if the team had stayed as it was. That's no reflection on Cooke.

This whole thing is so boring now, and I wonder just why you posted earlier to set this thread in motion. It takes all sorts.
By Nick_Glam
Quality bowling from Hogan to start the day to pick up two wickets. It has been a very fine team performance so far.
By JamesH
Carey has bowled 4 maidens in a row to Cosgrove and has nearly had him a couple of times. You sense it's coming...
By JamesH
JamesH wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:23 am Carey has bowled 4 maidens in a row to Cosgrove and has nearly had him a couple of times. You sense it's coming...

And now Cozzie has carved him over backward point for 4.... :doh:
By hujon64
I envy those who are fortunate enough to be able to watch this match and Glamorgan playing so well in the beautiful sunshine. With 4 down. I’m overly optimistic that it will be a fine win with deserving accolades to players and management for a quality, determined performance for our last home game. Promotion may evade us but what a change from being bottom last year with humiliating results!
By Nick_Glam
At last an umpire puts his finger up. :lol

Well done to Salter, but Wagg and Patel have also bowled well without reward.
By glamman
Given the presence of two left handers it was a bit it took so long for Salter to come on. Was half expecting Wagg to start bowling spin before we saw him.
By psychocandy
Good win. BUT all it proves is that 1) We can play well SOMETIMES and 2) There are a few teams worse than us.

Can we deffo not get promoted now? I really hope we don't - we'll get hammered too often in Div 1.

I've just come across this - which might interest […]