A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By exileKT8
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/49546508

Chwarae teg to the Glammy decision makers who unlike me have not given up on promotion. Wonder if Patel put a word in. Good luck to him, might need it up at Durham against Rushworth and at Worcs against Moeen. Can`t do any worse than Marsh can he ?
By glamman
Still down one batsman - I guess Braithwaite will open with Selman and the question then is the recurrent one over the last few years of who bats 3?
By hujon64
Didn’t see that coming but delighted that we are replacing Marsh and Hemphrey. Well done to management who signed Root and Hemphrey for start of season, managed to get Labuschagne and Patel and Fakhar (Although not a success). Marsh hit and miss, for various reasons, not our fault! Youngsters (including Selman) given a chance and performing well in last T20 win to give them confidence. Things looking a lot better overall in my opinion and last few games will be interesting.
glamman liked this
By glamman
Hopefully Braithwaite will be able to quickly adjust to pitches over here. At least he has been playing. Interesting to postulate the team to face Worcs next week. My prediction:
Selman
Braithwaite
Cullen (unless Lloyd happy to bat 3 and then Cullen bats 6)
Lloyd
Root
Patel
Cooke
Smith
TvdG or De Lange
Walker
Hogan
By glamman
exileKT8 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:17 pm Expect a dry used wicket for Moeen, might need Sissodia
They have good seam bowling options as well. The issue with Sisodiya is that he is slow left arm like Patel. Bull played in the 2nd XI game against Somerset a couple of weeks ago but it is probably too soon for him to come in and there are no more 2nd XI games planned. If it is a dry pitch then the option as you say is Sisodiya or perhaps Salter for variety. Salter should be feeling better about himself after a good T20 campaign.
By exileKT8
Yes, forgot about Salter in a 4 day context, but didn`t he play in the win at Derby scoring good runs at the end.
By Welwyn
Braithwaite bowls some offies. Ok, not at the level Marnus bowls leggies (50 average) but that might come into the equation, so almost certainly Patel will be the only spinner.
By glamman
As you say, 26 first class wickets at 51 and has also been bowling in the Tests so cannot see an other spinner unless it is a dust bowl which seems unlikely given the amount of time New Road spends under water. I am also not sure they have the same outfield drainage systems as the Test grounds which sucks water out of the squares.

PS It is Brathwaite, not Braithwaite :)
By Nick_Glam
Well done to the management for coming up with the cash to pay for a new signing.

It could be an interesting last few weeks of the season.
hujon64 liked this
By LankyShark
Good signing for you.

It’s going to be interesting to see who gets the remaining two places !!!!

I have changed the subject line for you in my post.
Nick_Glam, hujon64 liked this
By Nick_Glam
Interesting that the article also mentions being hopeful of bringing Labuschagne back next season...

I think it was Mike Powell on the commentary who suggested that he might be the kind of player you can sign only once though, before he moves onto bigger things.
By exileKT8
I`m sure we are all hopeful of seeing Labuschagne in a daffodil again and what an excellent signing he turned out to be.

Yesterday added more evidence of his ability to deliver at Test Match level and on current form he is Australia`s 2nd best batsman which is pretty good coming behind Smith. I fear he is now central to Cricket Australia`s plans so they will be precious about how much he plays. I cannot see him being allowed a full summer over here. Of course they will be happy for him to have a couple of weeks over here before the next Ashes tour if so he can now command big money so those few weeks are more likely to be at the Oval.
Vetchetarian, hujon64 liked this
By Vetchetarian
exileKT8 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:44 am I`m sure we are all hopeful of seeing Labuschagne in a daffodil again and what an excellent signing he turned out to be.

Yesterday added more evidence of his ability to deliver at Test Match level and on current form he is Australia`s 2nd best batsman which is pretty good coming behind Smith. I fear he is now central to Cricket Australia`s plans so they will be precious about how much he plays. I cannot see him being allowed a full summer over here. Of course they will be happy for him to have a couple of weeks over here before the next Ashes tour if so he can now command big money so those few weeks are more likely to be at the Oval.
I hinted at this a while ago. Labuschagne's stock has risen enormously, and I doubt he will ever play for Glam again. Too many big spending Counties will be dangling large carrots, which are sweeter than leeks.

He certainly proved the doubters wrong. " He's only faced second division bowlers. and that's why he scored runs so freely for Glamorgan ", was the oft heard comment. Well, he put that to bed. Good luck to him.

We can always claim he was made in Wales. :)
hujon64, exileKT8 liked this
CC v Durham

Our last two wickets put on 67, of which Hutton an[…]

Yorkshire v Kent

With Kent 39 f 5 on Monday, whilst still hoping so[…]

Leicestershire

NOTICE THAT THE FINAL MEMBERS FORUM IS SCHEDULED […]