A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
exileKT8 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:36 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/49512106

Wonder how he gets on with MM ? I think he would do well for us as a bat, especially in the 1 day games. Geographically might suit, apparently mates with Lee Byrne, clutching at straws...
At 38 I am not sure recruiting him would be in Glamorgan's best long term interests, blocking the place of a younger player.
By Ger27
If Wagg is leaving at the end of the season, it could happen.

I wouldn't put money on it, but could it be a case of Trescothick as Head Coach and Trego as T20 Captain next year...
By glamman
Ger27 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:09 pm If Wagg is leaving at the end of the season, it could happen.

I wouldn't put money on it, but could it be a case of Trescothick as Head Coach and Trego as T20 Captain next year...
Sounds like you have heard something.
By Ger27
No, I haven't - just speculating. I'm sure Trescothick will be talked about though - he has made it clear that he wants to be Head Coach somewhere next season - can't be that many counties considering their options. Imagine he'd want to stay in the area as well?
hujon64 liked this
By hujon64
Interesting time. Lots to consider for next season. I would expect Wagg to get another year because he has performed well this season and must be a good player to have around with his positive attitude. However some youngsters have performed well in seconds and on debut in full squad. I suppose the end of the season games in CC are very important for MM. If we perform well and get promoted or are in the mix at the end I would expect him to continue as, although a great player, Trescothick is untried. Surely Somerset will retain him in some capacity or even England! I’m sure we’ll be desperate to get Labuschagne back but how long is Ingram’s contract? What about Patel? Trego???
By glamman
We have Ingram contracted for white ball cricket for 2020 and 2021. Hopefully his form will improve but then there will be the CATCH 22 situation of him being involved elsewhere.
Wagg has performed in white ball cricket when given the opportunity, but I am not sure there is much point renewing his contract unless he is batting at 7.
Interesting if Patel stays on - could be a useful player to help with the young spinners coming through.
De Lange's contract is up at the end of this year while TvdG has another year.
By djronnieb65
This signing would be good for the club at all
Don’t think it would be fair on Douthwaite
With regard the head coach job I don’t think Maynard should get it even if we get promotion
Although I don’t think we will get promotion as we don’t have Marnus now
We need a head coach with no connection with Glamorgan
Trestothick could be a good move however
He may not have any experience but could still do good job for Glammy
We definitely need to change things around within the club
Our record in white ball cricket this season has been a disgrace
How Maynard could even be considered for the post after this seasons displays I don’t know
A very interesting end of season awaits to see what is done about about stopping the garbage that we have seen this season
By exileKT8
What I have seen this summer Ingram does not look fit, his body language is not of a person enjoying his work. His knee problems have been well documented, he hasn`t played much of anything prior to this summer. I would be surprised if we see him for two more summers, although of course it may be financially worth his while.
By exileKT8
May I just clarify I do not doubt Ingram`s professionalism when saying he does not look fit but more that I am worried if his knees have gone.

WELL DONE TO THE BOYS TONIGHT
By glamman
Why has he not bowled? His leg spin has been effective in previous years so I can only assume there is an injury issue.
CC v Durham

Our last two wickets put on 67, of which Hutton an[…]

Yorkshire v Kent

With Kent 39 f 5 on Monday, whilst still hoping so[…]

Leicestershire

NOTICE THAT THE FINAL MEMBERS FORUM IS SCHEDULED […]