A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Vetchetarian
257 all out is more than I expected after the early fall of wickets. Nice score for Patel, and a spot of mayhem at the end of the innings. Lancs in the driving seat, I think.
By exileKT8
Yes well played Marnus today, we obviously could have done with him at Colwyn Bay. Can Marsh provide the same amount of runs ? I fear we may not see too much of Marnus in a daffodil in the future. Well done our two Yorkshiremen and our new recruit from Leicestershire. As so often in the past if our 10 and 11 can score so freely you worry what the opposition will do. Looks like there will be results in the other games so the table could be tight at the end of the week.
By Vetchetarian
Where is everybody ? Hiding under the bedclothes, I presume.

Well another anticipated, ( in my case ), tanking, showing clearly how inadequate this Glam team is. Labuschagne gave us hope of achieving something, but hope has become hopeless - again. :)

Lancs didn't even have to break sweat to wrap up a two and a half day victory.
By Vetchetarian
Alex wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:38 am Sounds like Vilas played a pretty phenomenal innings
Colwyn Bay has seen many " phenomenal innings ". Steve James holds Glam's highest individual score with 309n/o, and more recently Aneurin Donald made the joint fastest double hundred. There have been others , but these two spring to mind.

Vilas' knock was as awesome as the aforementioned,. and will doubtless be talked about for years to come. Well done him.
By caergybi
Need something to change. From being a comfortable second in table we are now mid-table and at current rate will end up in 'relegation' zone. With three up this is best year for promotion but looks like Lancs and Gloucs are up. We most probably need two wins from last three games to get third spot.
By Vetchetarian
caergybi wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:09 am Need something to change. From being a comfortable second in table we are now mid-table and at current rate will end up in 'relegation' zone. With three up this is best year for promotion but looks like Lancs and Gloucs are up. We most probably need two wins from last three games to get third spot.
To be honest, I always felt Glam were keeping the seats warm for some other team when they in the top three. Labuschagne had such a great influence on their performances, but now he's gone, I suspect, so have their promotion hopes. There is too much inconsistency within the squad.
Were they to somehow magic their way up, I hate to think what Div. One teams would do to them.
exileKT8 liked this
By Nick_Glam
Vetchetarian wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:03 am
To be honest, I always felt Glam were keeping the seats warm for some other team when they in the top three. Labuschagne had such a great influence on their performances, but now he's gone, I suspect, so have their promotion hopes. There is too much inconsistency within the squad.
Were they to somehow magic their way up, I hate to think what Div. One teams would do to them.
Yes, I think you've hit the nail on the head there.

We were punching above our weight to be in the top three as our players simply aren't that good.

Our bowling attack, for example, is still scarily reliant on Hogan which is worrying considering his age.

And our batsmen are not capable of scoring runs consistently.

It has still been a good season so far though in comparison with what happened last year.
exileKT8 liked this
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:50 am The weather forecast isn't all that great for the first couple of days, but should still get a decent amount of cricket in (albeit the forecast may well change before then).

As for the team, I think part of our relative success this season has been based on having all rounders at 7 and 8 so that should continue. If Salter had scored any runs at all this season he could be considered there, but as his batting seems to have gone backwards it probably is a simple choice of two from Wagg, Douthwaite and Smith.

Wagg probably offers a lot more than just runs and wickets so it wouldn't surprise me if he kept his place.
Will be interesting to see if Wagg's contract is renewed. Have to say it does not make any sense financially. He must be on a much higher salary than the players who are now keeping him out of the side - Douthwaite, Smith. Meschede also has another year.
Glamorgan have gone from having a small squad to a ridiculously large one with a lot of young players who will eventually have to play or go.

My understanding of the players whose contract is up at the end of this season and my feeling about whether they should stay or go are:
Cullen - stay
Lawlor - stay
Taylor - stay
McIlroy - has not played so do not know but is a left arm seamer
Szymanski - stay
De Lange - stay
Marsh - go
Selman - stay
Wagg - go
Morgan - go
By Nick_Glam
glamman wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:04 am Will be interesting to see if Wagg's contract is renewed. Have to say it does not make any sense financially. He must be on a much higher salary than the players who are now keeping him out of the side - Douthwaite, Smith. Meschede also has another year.
Wagg may well go, but I don't think any players have been "keeping him out of the side" up to now. He has been a regular in all formats until we decided to pick some kids for the last few dead games in the T20. I think the 3 players who have played the most games for us this season are Lloyd (31), de Lange (27) and Wagg (26).

Whether he retains his place for the remaining games may give a hint as to whether he gets a new deal.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:45 pm
glamman wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:04 am Will be interesting to see if Wagg's contract is renewed. Have to say it does not make any sense financially. He must be on a much higher salary than the players who are now keeping him out of the side - Douthwaite, Smith. Meschede also has another year.
Wagg may well go, but I don't think any players have been "keeping him out of the side" up to now. He has been a regular in all formats until we decided to pick some kids for the last few dead games in the T20. I think the 3 players who have played the most games for us this season are Lloyd (31), de Lange (27) and Wagg (26).

Whether he retains his place for the remaining games may give a hint as to whether he gets a new deal.
I am sure Smith would have played more if he had been fit. Given that Douthwaite also has a contract until the end of 2012 we seem to have an excess of all rounders. We certainly don't need to keep quite so many player sn the books. We have plenty of seam bowling at the moment. I am sure Wagg has a good salary.
By Nick_Glam
glamman wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:05 pm
I am sure Smith would have played more if he had been fit. Given that Douthwaite also has a contract until the end of 2012 we seem to have an excess of all rounders. We certainly don't need to keep quite so many player sn the books. We have plenty of seam bowling at the moment. I am sure Wagg has a good salary.
No argument with you there. But they haven't been keeping him out of the side up to now. Maybe they will for the rest of the season though...
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]