A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Vetchetarian
duckworthlewis wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:29 pm
glamman wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:17 pm
duckworthlewis wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:15 pm Tom Banton £100k ? What's that about ? i've never heard of him.
Clearly haven't been paying much attention to the game of cricket recently. :)
Well, i can only assume from his limited stats that someone thinks he's the new golden boy to go that big on him. Obviously rates himself too to put his bid in at that price.
I'd not heard of him either. Not surprising, since he hasn't got a truly glittering career behind him. He plays for Somerset, so the Fire probably think he will bring thousands across the Bridge to watch him play. :)
By glamman
duckworthlewis wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:15 pm Tom Banton £100k ? What's that about ? i've never heard of him.
Well, i can only assume from his limited stats that someone thinks he's the new golden boy to go that big on him. Obviously rates himself too to put his bid in at that price.
Close to England call up. The strange pick was Tom Abell to Manchester for £100,000.
By Ian
glamman wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:09 am

Close to England call up. The strange pick was Tom Abell to Manchester for £100,000.
Yes, Manchester made some of the odder signings.

They seemed to pay over the odds for Vilas, and I guess they think De Lange will be effective on a quicker pitch at Old Trafford
By glamman
Ian wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:07 am
glamman wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:09 am

Yes, Manchester made some of the odder signings.

They seemed to pay over the odds for Vilas, and I guess they think De Lange will be effective on a quicker pitch at Old Trafford
De Lange can be very effective when he pitches the ball up. Perhaps someone there can convince him of the benefits.
exileKT8 liked this
By bobbly4
Make up of the squad makes Welsh Fire an even bigger misnomer. Not one Welshman in the squad. Can we sue under the Trades Description Act I wonder. Complete turn off for me.
By Bubbles
Here I go again. I enjoyed the draft and good to see world talent coming to Cardiff.
As I have stated previously Glammy supporters do not like change and would prefer to watch cricket with their twenty or thirty pals. Move with the times guys. Laughable that Glammy players were in the draft who cannot even get in the Glammy team. All the more evidence to support a real Welsh international team. :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
By exileKT8
Let`s wait and see, if there are to be benefits to Glamorgan Cricket Club which still has my allegiance in preference to a Welsh Fire then all well and good.If it fills the SWALEC great but do we expect many to cross the Bridge ?

For those of us who brought up in the 60s with a predominantly Welsh team winning the title and beating Australia fired by Welsh emotion this is a difficult concept to warm to for me.

So Banton is the only player from Glammy Gloucs and Somerset. Do IPL teams contain local Indian players, Big Bash does. The Marketing and TV people may be right in creating a team of World Class players which will attract a new audience not those of us who have followed County Cricket.

Lloyd perhaps unlucky, Ingram has a good Agent. Who decided the values ?
By glamman
exileKT8 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:37 pm Let`s wait and see, if there are to be benefits to Glamorgan Cricket Club which still has my allegiance in preference to a Welsh Fire then all well and good.If it fills the SWALEC great but do we expect many to cross the Bridge ?

For those of us who brought up in the 60s with a predominantly Welsh team winning the title and beating Australia fired by Welsh emotion this is a difficult concept to warm to for me.

So Banton is the only player from Glammy Gloucs and Somerset. Do IPL teams contain local Indian players, Big Bash does. The Marketing and TV people may be right in creating a team of World Class players which will attract a new audience not those of us who have followed County Cricket.

Lloyd perhaps unlucky, Ingram has a good Agent. Who decided the values ?
You have obviously forgotten about Higgins and Payne.
By exileKT8
Thanks Glamman, stand corrected. Didn`t read carefully enough. Takes away some of my argument re local players but not sure we need to be building temporary stands for the Gloucs fans. Reading the team again Duckett too has a good agent.
By glamman
I am sure they will be hoping one of the Glamorgan players has a good T20 campaign and forces themselves in as the final pick.
By TAFF
If you haven't heard of Tom Banton, I dont think you should be judging the selection of the squad!
He was a stand out performer in the T20 this season, has been contracted in the big bash and been selected for England! He was a no brainer as a pick.
By duckworthlewis
exileKT8 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:37 pm Who decided the values ?
From what i saw, it was the player (or agent) who set the price, and if a team didn't pick you at that price, you were out of the bidding, like Gayle. So Banton went high, for a somewhat newbie, though i suppose that was all rigged as he is down as a 'local icon'.
exileKT8 liked this
By glamman
duckworthlewis wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:30 pm
exileKT8 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:37 pm Who decided the values ?
From what i saw, it was the player (or agent) who set the price, and if a team didn't pick you at that price, you were out of the bidding, like Gayle. So Banton went high, for a somewhat newbie, though i suppose that was all rigged as he is down as a 'local icon'.
Banton is in the XI for the opening game of England’s tour to New Zealand
By Nick_Glam
I guess a positive to see TvdG helping the Netherlands to qualification for the T20 World Cup. Especially with Roland Lefebvre also out there with them...

As aren't likely to have any England internationals representing us in the near future, sometimes you take anything you can get. :lol
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]