A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By johnwales
This disastrous run of defeats in the Bash could well rub off in the four day game. Glamorgan must pull themselves together and make a huge effort to win at least four of their remaining fixtures. Failing that I feel we are ack to square one !!
By glamman
Nick Webb was saying last night that Shaun Marsh is expected back for Sunday's game. Zaman was signed for just the first 8 games so his last is on Friday - not sure why he cannot play longer.

Lloyd looked good last night and Carlson looked better equipped for this format than others that have been tried this season.

It would be wrong to say that Ingram is the only batsmen that performed last season - have to remember the chase at the Oval in his absence. However you need your overseas stars to turn up and they just haven't. We are now in a rut. There have been calls for Meschede but I think he must be injured.

Who plays tomorrow? My XI would be:
Lloyd
Zaman
Ingram
Carlson
Cooke
Taylor or Lawlor
Wagg
Smith
Salter
De Lange or Carey
Hogan
By hujon64
Strange old game! Doing surprisingly well in the 4 dayers and, in the T20, pretty disastrous. Not what most of us expected. However, I shall not judge the overall campaign until the end of the season. If we can finish mid way in the CC, then I think there will have been progress.
exileKT8 liked this
By Vetchetarian
Nick_Glam wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:40 pm Some people love to post on this kind of board when their team is losing...

This is obviously a miserable competition for us, but Lloyd has been a positive. We really needed to have two good overseas players and Ingram to shine and the reality has been a million miles away from that.

I'm personally not going to throw my toys out of the pram though as this season has still been much better than any of us dreamed of.
That's a strange opening para/sentence.
Are you suggesting that people can only post when Glam are winning ? If so, the board would be vacant much of the time. But,in actual fact, win lose or draw, it's the busiest of all boards, which is a great tribute to the hardiness, and dedication of Glam followers. We are top of this table, by some distance.

Whackit clearly isn't Glam's forte, and I feel sad for those who invest their time and money in following it. I watched Glam's innings last night, and was unimpressed overall, with Lloyd the obvious exception. The high earners are getting money under false pretenses, and should be sued by the Club.

So, you dream about Glam then ? Me, I only have recurring nightmares. :)
By Nick_Glam
Vetchetarian wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:15 am That's a strange opening para/sentence.
Are you suggesting that people can only post when Glam are winning ? If so, the board would be vacant much of the time. But,in actual fact, win lose or draw, it's the busiest of all boards, which is a great tribute to the hardiness, and dedication of Glam followers. We are top of this table, by some distance.
No, I am suggesting that on this kind of forum you will always get people who don't post when a team wins and then suddenly appear when the team is losing. You can work it out.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:50 am
Vetchetarian wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:15 am That's a strange opening para/sentence.
No, I am suggesting that on this kind of forum you will always get people who don't post when a team wins and then suddenly appear when the team is losing. You can work it out.
I think most will post praise for good performances even when we lose. The players will always be trying their hardest but I wonder if the thinking is clear enough at present and that comes from the captain and coaches. Difficult for Ingram to instil confidence when he has been performing poorly for a while now.
exileKT8 liked this
By Jenks33
Ingram's dismissal yesterday was so unlike him. Just showed how out of form he is. It was a poor ball from Rashid Khan that should have been an easy cut shot for Ingram but Somehow he managed to get caught behind. After the fantastic performances he's put in for us over the years it's tough to watch him struggle
By exileKT8
Another T20 hammering so another pretty grim evening for Glammy followers.

However we are still 2nd in the 4 day championship and William Hill currently have us 2nd favourites to win the title, OK at 7/1 with Lancs 1/4 but if they are right Glammy will be promoted. Clearly the Colwyn Bay game will be very important and my main concern at the moment is that we have an overseas bat in place to replace Labuschagne for that fixture. It may be good news if Marsh is back in the squad.

Is last night any surprise ? If you picked a composite side of the 2 teams would any Glammy get in ? Ingram at the start of the season on previous reputation perhaps, not now. Should the slimy Rob Andrew be asking Gillespie how come Glammy are above Sussex in the championship and perhaps reflects what a good job HM, MM and MW have done in getting our 4 day team in a better shape. For that we should be grateful although it looks from a distance as through T20 recruitment suffered.

Big fan of what MM has done so far but can I just throw in a little but of mischief. Others have mentioned Mescede who has enjoyed some T20 success with us and his lack of game time and questioned what MM thinks of him. MM went to Somerset at the end of the 2014 season. In November 2014 Allenby went to Somerset from Glam, Ingram moved in the opposite direction taking the Kolpak route and Mescede came to us on loan which became permanent in Jan 2016. MM was in charge of Somerset when Ingram and Mescede were let go.
Vetchetarian, Nick_Glam liked this
By Vetchetarian
Nick_Glam wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:50 am
To be honest, I hadn't really noticed the comings and goings. Clearly I misunderstood your post, but we are good.
By glamman
djronnieb65 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:31 pm As expected Sussex wiped the floor with us tonight
The only player to show any fight was once again David Lloyd with his 50 off 37 balls
We done so well in this competition last year that it makes you wonder that we only have a chance of winning if Ingram scores runs
He has failed badly this season and so we haven’t won a match
I would love to know where Meschede is as he was a shining light last season as a pinch hitter
Anyone know if he’s injured or just not liked by Maynard
It will now be interesting to know if the 4 day team will now perform without Labashaune
If not our season of 2019 is well and truly over
As I suspected, it is now being reported that Meschede has a shoulder problem.
Overseas

Events at Southampton suggest or confirm the fear […]

T20 signing for 2020

Nabi back for Kent next season for the Blast - bri[…]

The first two players released

Lawlor and Szymanski deemed surplus to requirement[…]

Maynard new 3 year deal

Maynard staying on as coach. Matthew Maynard: Gl[…]